Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

1.13JI11 + win98 SE +pa-2013 = soft-off?

 
 
fellow
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-14-2004, 11:12 PM
I've upgraded my computer, and it turns off gracefully with "it is safe to
turn your computer now", in Windows 98, before finally turning off. I was
never able to do this with my PA-2013 board with 1.13JI11 BIOS, instead it
turned off instantly which meant Scan disk was invariably run on power up. I
was wondering was this because of the version os BIOS I was using?
Thanks,
Fellow.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Alex Zorrilla
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-15-2004, 09:34 PM
I seem to remember, but I am not sure, that there was some issue with
Win98SE itself that could cause this problem. I think a fix for it was
posted on Windows Update. That was a long time ago, though, so I don't
really remember.

I have not had a PA-2013 motherboard, so I cannot comment on whether it
was something specific to the motherboard's BIOS or not.

--Alex


fellow wrote:
> I've upgraded my computer, and it turns off gracefully with "it is safe to
> turn your computer now", in Windows 98, before finally turning off. I was
> never able to do this with my PA-2013 board with 1.13JI11 BIOS, instead it
> turned off instantly which meant Scan disk was invariably run on power up. I
> was wondering was this because of the version os BIOS I was using?
> Thanks,
> Fellow.
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Roger Hunt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-15-2004, 11:14 PM
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Alex Zorrilla
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>fellow wrote:
>> I've upgraded my computer, and it turns off gracefully with "it is safe to
>> turn your computer now", in Windows 98, before finally turning off. I was
>> never able to do this with my PA-2013 board with 1.13JI11 BIOS, instead it
>> turned off instantly which meant Scan disk was invariably run on power up. I
>> was wondering was this because of the version os BIOS I was using?
>> Thanks,
>> Fellow.
>>
>>

>I seem to remember, but I am not sure, that there was some issue with
>Win98SE itself that could cause this problem. I think a fix for it was
>posted on Windows Update. That was a long time ago, though, so I don't
>really remember.
>
>I have not had a PA-2013 motherboard, so I cannot comment on whether it
>was something specific to the motherboard's BIOS or not.
>

I wonder too, because there was that 98se/ME shutdown problem with the
VA-503+ that was fixed with Tim Stennet's je4333b2, but I thought that
was only brought about because of W98 ACPI combined with an AT PSU, and
the 2013 is ATX of course.
Hmmmm ....
--
Roger Hunt
Still mourning the sad loss of my 503+. RIP
 
Reply With Quote
 
Robert Akins
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-16-2004, 05:34 AM
There was a Windows Update for "Windows IDE Hard Drive Cache Package" or
something along that line, that added a delay to allow time for newer hard
drives to write the cache buffer contents to disk before Windows shut down.
Robert
"Alex Zorrilla" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I seem to remember, but I am not sure, that there was some issue with
> Win98SE itself that could cause this problem. I think a fix for it was
> posted on Windows Update. That was a long time ago, though, so I don't
> really remember.
>
> I have not had a PA-2013 motherboard, so I cannot comment on whether it
> was something specific to the motherboard's BIOS or not.
>
> --Alex
>
>
> fellow wrote:
> > I've upgraded my computer, and it turns off gracefully with "it is safe

to
> > turn your computer now", in Windows 98, before finally turning off. I

was
> > never able to do this with my PA-2013 board with 1.13JI11 BIOS, instead

it
> > turned off instantly which meant Scan disk was invariably run on power

up. I
> > was wondering was this because of the version os BIOS I was using?
> > Thanks,
> > Fellow.
> >
> >



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XP/Win98 dualboot: Win98 can't see the card The Good Son Nvidia 1 04-30-2004 02:56 PM
NF7-s 2.0 : can't install sound drivers in Win98 Peter Huebner Abit 0 12-20-2003 12:02 PM
- Can you format Raid to larger than 64G with Win98? Kilowatt Abit 1 08-11-2003 11:31 PM
- Can you format Raid to larger than 64G with Win98? Kilowatt Abit 0 08-11-2003 10:49 PM
NF7-s 2.0 & Win98 - Problems & some solutions. Al Michel Abit 21 07-25-2003 02:23 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment