2 beeps on start up and no HDD LED on Front Panel not working - need help

Gkenney

Hi all,

I just finished building a new rig based on a P4 3.2g and Asus P4C800 -E
deluxe MB with 1g of memory (Kingston Hyper X).

I've been working with the configuration for the last day or so and I
finally decided to put my old Herc Game Theater sound card in (I was using
the onboard audio).

Now during the post I get two quick beeps (I seem to remember only getting
one before). In the manual 2 beeps is a Parity Error. Not sure what that
is? Where would I go to look for a problem?

Also can seem to get the HDD led to work on the front panel. I've slipped
the thing on and off a couple of times and the light still doesn't work. I'm
pretty sure I've got it on the right connector.

Any thoughts or help on these two issues?

Dan

The beeps, you have two USB devices hooked up to your computer. ( One beep
for each device ). With the HDD LED you probably do have it hooked up to the
proper connector but you probably have it backwards, try flipping the
connector over. ( writing on the connector down as opposed to up )

"Gkenney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I just finished building a new rig based on a P4 3.2g and Asus P4C800 -E
> deluxe MB with 1g of memory (Kingston Hyper X).
>
> I've been working with the configuration for the last day or so and I
> finally decided to put my old Herc Game Theater sound card in (I was using
> the onboard audio).
>
> Now during the post I get two quick beeps (I seem to remember only getting
> one before). In the manual 2 beeps is a Parity Error. Not sure what that
> is? Where would I go to look for a problem?
>
> Also can seem to get the HDD led to work on the front panel. I've slipped
> the thing on and off a couple of times and the light still doesn't work.

I'm
> pretty sure I've got it on the right connector.
>
> Any thoughts or help on these two issues?

Dan

From the ASUS website, worth looking at.
www.asus.com/support/faq/qanda.aspx?KB_ID=84900

"Gkenney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I just finished building a new rig based on a P4 3.2g and Asus P4C800 -E
> deluxe MB with 1g of memory (Kingston Hyper X).
>
> I've been working with the configuration for the last day or so and I
> finally decided to put my old Herc Game Theater sound card in (I was using
> the onboard audio).
>
> Now during the post I get two quick beeps (I seem to remember only getting
> one before). In the manual 2 beeps is a Parity Error. Not sure what that
> is? Where would I go to look for a problem?
>
> Also can seem to get the HDD led to work on the front panel. I've slipped
> the thing on and off a couple of times and the light still doesn't work.

I'm
> pretty sure I've got it on the right connector.
>
> Any thoughts or help on these two issues?

Gkenney

Thanks Dan, I will check this out!

> From the ASUS website, worth looking at.
> www.asus.com/support/faq/qanda.aspx?KB_ID=84900
>
> "Gkenney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just finished building a new rig based on a P4 3.2g and Asus P4C800 -E
> > deluxe MB with 1g of memory (Kingston Hyper X).
> >
> > I've been working with the configuration for the last day or so and I
> > finally decided to put my old Herc Game Theater sound card in (I was

using
> > the onboard audio).
> >
> > Now during the post I get two quick beeps (I seem to remember only

getting
> > one before). In the manual 2 beeps is a Parity Error. Not sure what

that
> > is? Where would I go to look for a problem?
> >
> > Also can seem to get the HDD led to work on the front panel. I've

slipped
> > the thing on and off a couple of times and the light still doesn't work.

> I'm
> > pretty sure I've got it on the right connector.
> >
> > Any thoughts or help on these two issues?

Fiddler

It is not an HDD LED it's the IDE Led.
There is no HDD Led,if so then it would not light up when a disk is in the
CD Rom drive.