2407FPW monitor/NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE

yirg

I'm interested in purchasing a 2407FPW monitor. I have a Dimension E510
system with an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE.

I can't figure out from either the Dell site nor the NVIDIA site
whether the video card will support the monitor.

Dell says: "To optimize this monitor's performance, your system must be
able to support WUXGA resolution (1920x1200)."

Help with this most appreciated.

Thanks.

Yirg

hdrdtd

It should work just fine,

From Nvidia's web site ,
http://www.nvidia.com/object/7_series_techspecs.html

Advanced Display Functionality
a.. Dual integrated 400MHz RAMDACs for analog display resolutions up to
and including 2048x1536 at 85Hz
b.. Dual-link DVI capability to drive the industry's largest and highest
resolution digital flat panel displays up to 2560x16001
c..
"yirg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I'm interested in purchasing a 2407FPW monitor. I have a Dimension E510
> system with an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE.
>
> I can't figure out from either the Dell site nor the NVIDIA site
> whether the video card will support the monitor.
>
> Dell says: "To optimize this monitor's performance, your system must be
> able to support WUXGA resolution (1920x1200)."
>
> Help with this most appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Yirg

yirg

It was the 2nd statement that stil confuses me (hoping I'm not being
too obtuse):

> b.. Dual-link DVI capability to drive the industry's largest and highest
> resolution digital flat panel displays up to 2560x1600 (1)

It is footnoted (which I put in parens) where the footnote says:
---------
(1) Feature available on select GeForce 7 Series GPUs only.
---------

I couldn't figure out from the specs page whether the GeForce 7300 LE
had "the feature available" and actually didn't understand whether the
feature was (a) the dual DVI capablility or (b) the 25600x1600
resolution. And if (a) were lacking on the 7300 LE whether it was
needed by the 2407FWP.

So, I'm still confused.

Thanks.

Yirg

hdrdtd wrote:
> It should work just fine,
>
> From Nvidia's web site ,
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/7_series_techspecs.html
>
> Advanced Display Functionality
> a.. Dual integrated 400MHz RAMDACs for analog display resolutions up to
> and including 2048x1536 at 85Hz
> b.. Dual-link DVI capability to drive the industry's largest and highest
> resolution digital flat panel displays up to 2560x16001
> c..
> "yirg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > I'm interested in purchasing a 2407FPW monitor. I have a Dimension E510
> > system with an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE.
> >
> > I can't figure out from either the Dell site nor the NVIDIA site
> > whether the video card will support the monitor.
> >
> > Dell says: "To optimize this monitor's performance, your system must be
> > able to support WUXGA resolution (1920x1200)."
> >
> > Help with this most appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Yirg

hdrdtd

Pardon me. When I checked the 1. footnote, I went all the way to the bottom
of the page and read the 1. footnote there. I read the wrong footnote.

I still believe it should run at 1920x1200 with no problem.

"yirg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> It was the 2nd statement that stil confuses me (hoping I'm not being
> too obtuse):
>
>> b.. Dual-link DVI capability to drive the industry's largest and highest
>> resolution digital flat panel displays up to 2560x1600 (1)

> It is footnoted (which I put in parens) where the footnote says:
> ---------
> (1) Feature available on select GeForce 7 Series GPUs only.
> ---------
>
> I couldn't figure out from the specs page whether the GeForce 7300 LE
> had "the feature available" and actually didn't understand whether the
> feature was (a) the dual DVI capablility or (b) the 25600x1600
> resolution. And if (a) were lacking on the 7300 LE whether it was
> needed by the 2407FWP.
>
> So, I'm still confused.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Yirg
>

> hdrdtd wrote:
>> It should work just fine,
>>
>> From Nvidia's web site ,
>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/7_series_techspecs.html
>>
>> Advanced Display Functionality
>> a.. Dual integrated 400MHz RAMDACs for analog display resolutions up to
>> and including 2048x1536 at 85Hz
>> b.. Dual-link DVI capability to drive the industry's largest and
>> highest
>> resolution digital flat panel displays up to 2560x16001
>> c..
>> "yirg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> > I'm interested in purchasing a 2407FPW monitor. I have a Dimension E510
>> > system with an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE.
>> >
>> > I can't figure out from either the Dell site nor the NVIDIA site
>> > whether the video card will support the monitor.
>> >
>> > Dell says: "To optimize this monitor's performance, your system must be
>> > able to support WUXGA resolution (1920x1200)."
>> >
>> > Help with this most appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > Yirg

asdf@asdf.com

I have the 7300LE with 2407FPW in my 1 month old dimension 9150 and
it's fine, but if you are a serious gamer you will need a better video
card.

On 2 Aug 2006 23:29:54 -0700, "yirg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm interested in purchasing a 2407FPW monitor. I have a Dimension E510
>system with an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE.
>
>I can't figure out from either the Dell site nor the NVIDIA site
>whether the video card will support the monitor.
>
>Dell says: "To optimize this monitor's performance, your system must be
>able to support WUXGA resolution (1920x1200)."
>
>Help with this most appreciated.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Yirg

That's what I have and it works great. I suggest making the icons larger at
that resolution, but it looks great.

"yirg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I'm interested in purchasing a 2407FPW monitor. I have a Dimension E510
> system with an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE.
>
> I can't figure out from either the Dell site nor the NVIDIA site
> whether the video card will support the monitor.
>
> Dell says: "To optimize this monitor's performance, your system must be
> able to support WUXGA resolution (1920x1200)."
>
> Help with this most appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Yirg

Which is better nvidia geforce 6600 GT or Nvidia geforce 7300 Zhongwei Nvidia 6 03-06-2007 01:31 AM
GeForce 7950 GX2 vs, GeForce 7300 LE pozeg00 Nvidia 0 10-13-2006 07:43 PM
Monitor Question: 2407WFP vs. 2407FPW?? Dell 3 07-28-2006 10:49 PM
2407FPW Diane M. Dell 0 04-27-2006 09:33 AM
Differences between the Dell 2405FPW and 2407FPW? comcast Dell 0 12-04-2005 09:25 PM