2cpu and 1 screen ??

groupeCompteRendu@gmail.com

if i come to the wrong group please excuse me.
my question : i work with 2 boxes : linux box and win xp box. In
order to save room i wander if
it is possible to share the same screen with my two boxes. vertically
sharing or horizontally or maybe another way ??
If it is possible could you please let me know how
thank you
jerome

Big Boy

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> if i come to the wrong group please excuse me.
> my question : i work with 2 boxes : linux box and win xp box. In
> order to save room i wander if
> it is possible to share the same screen with my two boxes. vertically
> sharing or horizontally or maybe another way ??
> If it is possible could you please let me know how
> thank you
> jerome

It sounds like you need a KVM (keyboard, video & mouse) device. A KVM
allows you to share the same (you guessed it!) keyboard, monitor and
mouse between two or more PCs.

KVM devices come in two main flavors - one type supports keyboards and
mice with PS2 connectors, while the other supports keyboards and mice
with USB connectors. Most of them support monitors with VGA connectors
(although, you can get some with HDMI connectors for video).

On 15 mar, 22:42, Big Boy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > if i come to the wrong group please excuse me.
> > my question : i work with 2 boxes : linux box and win xp box. In
> > order to save room i wander if
> > it is possible to share the same screen with my two boxes. vertically
> > sharing or horizontally or maybe another way ??
> > If it is possible could you please let me know how
> > thank you
> > jerome

> It sounds like you need a KVM (keyboard, video & mouse) device. A KVM
> allows you to share the same (you guessed it!) keyboard, monitor and
> mouse between two or more PCs.
>
> KVM devices come in two main flavors - one type supports keyboards and
> mice with PS2 connectors, while the other supports keyboards and mice
> with USB connectors. Most of them support monitors with VGA connectors
> (although, you can get some with HDMI connectors for video).

thank you very much for the info. It solves completly my problem.
friendly regards
jerome

Patty

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 01:58:05 -0700 (PDT), (E-Mail Removed)
wrote:

> On 15 mar, 22:42, Big Boy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> if i come to the wrong group please excuse me.
>>> my question : i work with 2 boxes : linux box and win xp box. In
>>> order to save room i wander if
>>> it is possible to share the same screen with my two boxes. vertically
>>> sharing or horizontally or maybe another way ??
>>> If it is possible could you please let me know how
>>> thank you
>>> jerome

>> It sounds like you need a KVM (keyboard, video & mouse) device. A KVM
>> allows you to share the same (you guessed it!) keyboard, monitor and
>> mouse between two or more PCs.
>>
>> KVM devices come in two main flavors - one type supports keyboards and
>> mice with PS2 connectors, while the other supports keyboards and mice
>> with USB connectors. Most of them support monitors with VGA connectors
>> (although, you can get some with HDMI connectors for video).

> thank you very much for the info. It solves completly my problem.
> friendly regards
> jerome

I have a linux (Ubuntu) system and it had difficulties with my KVM switch.
Make sure if you're starting up the linux system, you do not switch the KVM
switch to the other computer until the linux one has completely finished
booting. It may cause unpredictible results.

Patty