3 sound cards 2 computer systems, onboard CDinput does not work.

Geronimo! g@yaxxx.com

Ho do I enable the CDinput socket..?

PC 1 running XP Pro SP1, tried Audigy and SBlive 5.1, the CD input connector
does not work.

PC 2 running XP Pro SP2, Audigy 2 ZS , the CD Input connector does not
work..

Is there some thing wrong with the Creative drivers, plus used the very
latest..

To get any sound you have to Wave selected in the Mixer, and also have CD
Input selected, but that does not matter, but when removing the input cable
still get sound..?

How do we fix this, is their some magic trick..?

Thanks

Lenny

> To get any sound you have to Wave selected in the Mixer, and also have CD
> Input selected, but that does not matter, but when removing the input
> cable
> still get sound..?
>
> How do we fix this, is their some magic trick..?

What is it you need "fixed" when you still you get sound regardless of
wether the CD cable is actually plugged in or not? Sounds to me you ARE
getting CD sound after all. :-D

First, what player software are you using? If it's the windows media player,
be aware it defaults to using digital transfer of the sound data using the
IDE interface rather than the little analog cable. This can be turned off in
the config menu, but it's not recommended unless you hear weird clicks/pops
in the sound, because the digital/analog convertors stuck into optical
drives are of LOW quality, and the cable running through the inside of your
computer will act like an antenna and pick up noise from all the components
inside. Therefore it is preferable to set the CD audio input volume to ZERO
in the windows sound mixer and then click the mute button underneath. This
will lead to clearer audio overall, even when you are not playing CD sound.

D.R.

<Geronimo! (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
<SNIP>
> but when removing the input cable still get sound..?

Because XP reads the music of the CD digitally (through the IDE cable) whereas
earlier Windows versions by default used the audio cable. You should be able to
select either in the XP multimedia properties.

Geronimo! g@yaxxx.com

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:42:56 GMT, "Lenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> To get any sound you have to Wave selected in the Mixer, and also have CD
>> Input selected, but that does not matter, but when removing the input
>> cable
>> still get sound..?
>>
>> How do we fix this, is their some magic trick..?

>What is it you need "fixed" when you still you get sound regardless of
>wether the CD cable is actually plugged in or not? Sounds to me you ARE
>getting CD sound after all. :-D
>
>First, what player software are you using? If it's the windows media player,
>be aware it defaults to using digital transfer of the sound data using the
>IDE interface rather than the little analog cable. This can be turned off in
>the config menu, but it's not recommended unless you hear weird clicks/pops
>in the sound, because the digital/analog convertors stuck into optical
>drives are of LOW quality, and the cable running through the inside of your
>computer will act like an antenna and pick up noise from all the components
>inside. Therefore it is preferable to set the CD audio input volume to ZERO
>in the windows sound mixer and then click the mute button underneath. This
>will lead to clearer audio overall, even when you are not playing CD sound.

Thanks

I have found the answer, it seems that XP disables the CD Input from my
searches on the net.

Yes I did try 3 Players..

Geronimo! g@yaxxx.com

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 12:56:32 +1200, "D.R." <D.R. @ NZ> wrote:

><Geronimo! (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
><SNIP>
>> but when removing the input cable still get sound..?

>Because XP reads the music of the CD digitally (through the IDE cable) whereas
>earlier Windows versions by default used the audio cable. You should be able to
>select either in the XP multimedia properties.

Thanks

I did look into that, but never found any thing to do that when I looked
before.

I all started from trying to get the CD Digital to work from a Roland VS-1680
Digital Recorder, and playing with Windows/Creative settings and the SP DIFF
Out from different CD Players, found out they just don't have it installed.

Well in the end used a Teac DA-P20 DAT Player and found that it worked, but
this chap that owns the Roland was very rusty in using it.

But in the end it worked, took some 4 hours of ****ing around though.