3 volt hot , rail and ground need help shorted out mobo

Junior Member

I am newbie I'm working on a logicboard from a macbook I have a logicboard that certainly has some sort of short in it when I connect the adapter it immediatley turns on will eventually power off after about 10 seconds almost load the o/s I guess most techies in here are pc techs but maybe this will fall under both. I had a good tech which I can't get in touch with tell me the short lies in between the PPBus_3GH (3 volt hot) rail and ground. I just trying to find out exactly where he is talking about. thanks.

Toshiba Satellite L505D-GS6000 - accidentally shorted mobo nubby Laptops 0 07-08-2011 01:30 PM
12 volt rail? Justbob30 Dell 3 04-25-2010 04:05 AM
12 volt rail pacca Dell 5 10-08-2008 08:37 AM
Mobo shorted? or wires shorted? Schris22@gmail.com Abit 8 12-05-2005 07:32 PM
Asus Probe Giving Alerts on 5 Volt Rail Scott Asus 4 09-12-2005 06:35 PM