3680 - eRecovery Backups: How to transfer to network drive

Han

Hi:

Bought a nice and cheap Aspire 3680, but it has no DVD burner (maybe that
was stupid of me). It has this backup feature that dynamically (and
slowly) repartitions the hard drive to make room on the hidden backup
partition. This is threatening to take over the hard drive.

I need recommendations as to how to get a good image of the hard drive,
without destroying all of the hidden drive. With another machine,
installing Acronis TrueImage clobbered the factory reset partition, and I'd
like to keep that on this Aspire 3680.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

--
Best regards
Han

doS

put a dvd burner in it

"Han" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> Bought a nice and cheap Aspire 3680, but it has no DVD burner (maybe that
> was stupid of me). It has this backup feature that dynamically (and
> slowly) repartitions the hard drive to make room on the hidden backup
> partition. This is threatening to take over the hard drive.
>
> I need recommendations as to how to get a good image of the hard drive,
> without destroying all of the hidden drive. With another machine,
> installing Acronis TrueImage clobbered the factory reset partition, and
> I'd
> like to keep that on this Aspire 3680.
>
> Thanks in advance for your recommendations!
>
> --
> Best regards
> Han
> email address is invalid

Han

"doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:71ori.5$(E-Mail Removed):

> put a dvd burner in it

That's too easy <grin>.

Besides, where would I buy a DVD burner to put into an Acer Aspire 3680
laptop if Acer isn't selling it? Can I just put anything in there that
would fit? What would that do to the warrantee?

Sorry for thye multitude of questions.

Han

--
Best regards
Han

Chris Syn

get an Optiarc (which is sony-nec) brand.
great little burner, no issues with acers.