420w power supply ablecom

Rumple

Off topic in a way .....

These units are very loud (come with a supermicro case)

Possible mod ... (worked for me)

I Removed the redundant fan controller and replaced both fans with
vantec stealth 80mm fans .. so quiet now ....

I used a thermal sensor from an aerogate II to monitor the supply and
it mainatined 80F with full load .. both fans were wired together
wiith exception of the speed sensors .. I used the single speed sensor
from the rear fan.
I put the case temp sensor on the outside of the PS and used the
case fan control for the power supply to the PS .. I will be using an
Aerogate I to control the case fans.

I could have just as easily used the PS fan power lead (with out the
redundant fan PCB) to power both fans. Just wanted to let any
interested parties know the results .. enjoy :-)

P.S. The existing fan was a 4500rpm Nidec BataSL .22amp ( real
screamer) I had wired two vantec stealth fans together and tried then
in place of the Nidec in an attempt to maintain the redundant aspect
but even though they were .10 amp each .. the alarm still sounded and
the fans did not run at full power .. (I would have moded the PS with
two fans had that worked) .. So the combined 20 amps did not fool the
PS .... I have the Aerogate II and I advantage so I stopped there.

I use a 45 watt power supply instead of a 75 watt power supply for my laptop Kim Webb Laptops 6 02-22-2007 02:02 PM
Abit BG7 Power Supply Supply Regis Abit 1 10-26-2006 11:56 PM
what can a 420W PS support bob Asus 15 12-12-2005 02:25 AM
420W thermaltake enough for a BFG 7800GT ?? JEBEDIAH DUPREE Nvidia 3 10-16-2005 03:58 PM
Tyan K8SE Questions, 1 second power up, fried Power Supply sspunty@gmail.com Tyan 1 07-16-2005 05:11 AM