6-pin Mini-Din...What's Inside?

giddyupchicken@gmail.com

Would you be kind enough to tell me just what is inside a 6-pin mini-
din cable? I am trying to replace a large length of cable for a cctv
system camera, and need some help knowing exactly what it is that I
should buy.

I looked on the mfr's site, and they list two types available - one
they term "high performance" and the other is "standard". However, I
know they are asking way, way too much for the cable, and I want to
find another supplier.

Is the cable called something else, or, what should I be looking for
in order to get the best performance from the cctv camera?

Thank you,

Arno Wagner

Previously (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Would you be kind enough to tell me just what is inside a 6-pin mini-
> din cable? I am trying to replace a large length of cable for a cctv
> system camera, and need some help knowing exactly what it is that I
> should buy.

> I looked on the mfr's site, and they list two types available - one
> they term "high performance" and the other is "standard". However, I
> know they are asking way, way too much for the cable, and I want to
> find another supplier.

> Is the cable called something else, or, what should I be looking for
> in order to get the best performance from the cctv camera?

> Thank you,

A Mini-DIN connecto is just a connector. What the cabel is
depends on you rapplication. For example, if this is a hybrid
cable with a coax for the video and power lines, it will be
expensive and have a length limit. The coax part will also
have a specific impedance requirement. If it is just a
data cable with common shield, it can get very cheap, depending
on the quality you need. It all depends on the camera and its
signals.

Arno