600 error code 8611

Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress

Group;

Last fall I tried to fix my sister's 600. James Ladislas helped me to
isolate the trackpoint, with the result that I needed a keyboard.

Today I have the keyboard out. Where can I get a replacement at a
reasonable price? IBM repair manual says it is part 02K4785. Underside of
keyboard says part 02K4308 FRU 02K4446 dated 21-Jul-98.

Thanks

Doug

Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress

If I can't get a reasonably priced replacement, how do I disable the
trackpoint so I can use an external mouse? I can't get into the BIOS to
turn off the trackpoint because of the error.

TNX

Doug

"Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:wINPd.16996$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
> Group;
>
> Last fall I tried to fix my sister's 600. James Ladislas helped me to
> isolate the trackpoint, with the result that I needed a keyboard.
>
> Today I have the keyboard out. Where can I get a replacement at a
> reasonable price? IBM repair manual says it is part 02K4785. Underside
> of keyboard says part 02K4308 FRU 02K4446 dated 21-Jul-98.
>
> Thanks
>
> Doug

Capt. Wild Bill Kelso, USAAC

eBay is the easiest place to get a replacement, a keyboard without the bezel
runs abt $30-$45. All 600 kb's are interchangable(600, 600E, 600X), just make
sure you get the proper country as some people are selling English(British) kb's
as replacements.

To disable the mouse, run the Thinkpad Configuration program and set the
trackpoint to disable, plug in an external and rock.

TJ

Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress wrote:

> If I can't get a reasonably priced replacement, how do I disable the
> trackpoint so I can use an external mouse? I can't get into the BIOS to
> turn off the trackpoint because of the error.
>
> TNX
>
> Doug
>
> "Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:wINPd.16996$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
> > Group;
> >
> > Last fall I tried to fix my sister's 600. James Ladislas helped me to
> > isolate the trackpoint, with the result that I needed a keyboard.
> >
> > Today I have the keyboard out. Where can I get a replacement at a
> > reasonable price? IBM repair manual says it is part 02K4785. Underside
> > of keyboard says part 02K4308 FRU 02K4446 dated 21-Jul-98.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Doug

Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress

Capt;

When I run the diagnostics, the keyboard works. It's the trackpoint that is
causing the error. I can't get past this. There is no test for the
trackpoint in the diagnostics, and I can't get into the bios to disable the
trackpoint. Do you know how I could do this?

TNX

Doug
"Capt. Wild Bill Kelso, USAAC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> eBay is the easiest place to get a replacement, a keyboard without the
> bezel
> runs abt $30-$45. All 600 kb's are interchangable(600, 600E, 600X), just
> make
> sure you get the proper country as some people are selling
> English(British) kb's
> as replacements.
>
> To disable the mouse, run the Thinkpad Configuration program and set the
> trackpoint to disable, plug in an external and rock.
>
> TJ
>
> Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress wrote:
>>
>> If I can't get a reasonably priced replacement, how do I disable the
>> trackpoint so I can use an external mouse? I can't get into the BIOS to
>> turn off the trackpoint because of the error.
>>
>> TNX
>>
>> Doug
>>
>> "Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:wINPd.16996$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
>> > Group;
>> >
>> > Last fall I tried to fix my sister's 600. James Ladislas helped me to
>> > isolate the trackpoint, with the result that I needed a keyboard.
>> >
>> > Today I have the keyboard out. Where can I get a replacement at a
>> > reasonable price? IBM repair manual says it is part 02K4785.
>> > Underside
>> > of keyboard says part 02K4308 FRU 02K4446 dated 21-Jul-98.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Doug

Capt. Wild Bill Kelso, USAAC

Doug,

You - must - replace the keyboard to fix the mouse, no other way. Press and
hold the F1 key and turn on the power. If the little bird(mouse icon) moves
then the trackpoint works. If it doesnt move, get an external mouse and plug it
in.

TJ

Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress wrote:

> Capt;
>
> When I run the diagnostics, the keyboard works. It's the trackpoint that is
> causing the error. I can't get past this. There is no test for the
> trackpoint in the diagnostics, and I can't get into the bios to disable the
> trackpoint. Do you know how I could do this?
>
> TNX
>
> Doug

> "Capt. Wild Bill Kelso, USAAC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > eBay is the easiest place to get a replacement, a keyboard without the
> > bezel
> > runs abt $30-$45. All 600 kb's are interchangable(600, 600E, 600X), just
> > make
> > sure you get the proper country as some people are selling
> > English(British) kb's
> > as replacements.
> >
> > To disable the mouse, run the Thinkpad Configuration program and set the
> > trackpoint to disable, plug in an external and rock.
> >
> > TJ
> >
> > Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress wrote:
> >>
> >> If I can't get a reasonably priced replacement, how do I disable the
> >> trackpoint so I can use an external mouse? I can't get into the BIOS to
> >> turn off the trackpoint because of the error.
> >>
> >> TNX
> >>
> >> Doug
> >>
> >> "Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:wINPd.16996$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Error 8611 on Thinkpad 600X Syd Barrett Laptops 2 11-28-2006 08:39 PM
8611 error on Ibm Thinkpad 600E Etop Udoh Laptops 1 07-14-2005 11:47 PM
600e; 8611 error N7RX IBM Thinkpad 3 07-30-2004 02:23 AM
Error 8611 after installing new 600e keyboard Dan Rubin IBM Thinkpad 3 12-05-2003 02:54 PM
)8611 Error on Thinkpad 600E Nhonguoiyeu Laptops 2 11-05-2003 08:13 PM