6600 GT flickering problem

po

This is my second Nvidia MSI 6600GT card with 128 RAM. It's for an AGP slot.
I'm getting flickering in Rome Total War demo. I got it in another demo too,
but I deleted it. Quite a few games work flawlessly like Flatout, but it
seems that in some games you get flickering, flashing scenery bits that can
be quite annoying. I also haven't found too much on this subject in forums
about Rome Total War. Just one other newsgrouper complained and he had GF
4200.

I returned my first 6600GT when the whole picture fractured and flickered
constantly in all games. I'm wondering if this card is getting ready to go
too. Is it just a crap card that is to be avoided?

mine

po wrote:
> I returned my first 6600GT when the whole picture fractured and flickered
> constantly in all games. I'm wondering if this card is getting ready to go
> too. Is it just a crap card that is to be avoided?

1) Connect the AGP card to the PSU (at least 350 Watt, I suggest Enermax)
2) Disable "Fast Write" in the bios
3) Set AGP Aperture Size in the bios at "128MB"
4) Set PCI latency in the bios at "64"
5) Download PCI latency tool and set the AGP card to 64

Ciao mine
http://metropolis.blogs.com/

Nada

mine wrote:

> po wrote:
>
>> I returned my first 6600GT when the whole picture fractured and flickered
>> constantly in all games. I'm wondering if this card is getting ready
>> to go
>> too. Is it just a crap card that is to be avoided?

> 1) Connect the AGP card to the PSU (at least 350 Watt, I suggest Enermax)
> 2) Disable "Fast Write" in the bios
> 3) Set AGP Aperture Size in the bios at "128MB"
> 4) Set PCI latency in the bios at "64"
> 5) Download PCI latency tool and set the AGP card to 64
> http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=951

6) Turn off the disco lights and remove the disco ball from the ceiling.

DaveL

What version Nvidia display driver have you installed?

DaveL

"po" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is my second Nvidia MSI 6600GT card with 128 RAM. It's for an AGP

slot.
> I'm getting flickering in Rome Total War demo. I got it in another demo

too,
> but I deleted it. Quite a few games work flawlessly like Flatout, but it
> seems that in some games you get flickering, flashing scenery bits that

can
> be quite annoying. I also haven't found too much on this subject in forums
> about Rome Total War. Just one other newsgrouper complained and he had GF
> 4200.
>
> I returned my first 6600GT when the whole picture fractured and flickered
> constantly in all games. I'm wondering if this card is getting ready to go
> too. Is it just a crap card that is to be avoided?

Neil J Bundy

Check if you still get it with VSync turned off (in the game / app and
in the driver).

That sometimes makes a difference. For instance NFSU2 doesn't like VSync
enabled in the game on my PC.

Neil.

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, po <(E-Mail Removed)>
writes

--
Neil J Bundy

po

Driver 6693 which is the latest, I believe.

"DaveL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What version Nvidia display driver have you installed?
>
> DaveL
>

> "po" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> This is my second Nvidia MSI 6600GT card with 128 RAM. It's for an AGP

> slot.
>> I'm getting flickering in Rome Total War demo. I got it in another demo

> too,
>> but I deleted it. Quite a few games work flawlessly like Flatout, but it
>> seems that in some games you get flickering, flashing scenery bits that

> can
>> be quite annoying. I also haven't found too much on this subject in
>> forums
>> about Rome Total War. Just one other newsgrouper complained and he had GF
>> 4200.
>>
>> I returned my first 6600GT when the whole picture fractured and flickered
>> constantly in all games. I'm wondering if this card is getting ready to
>> go
>> too. Is it just a crap card that is to be avoided?

DaveL

Looks like they are up to 71.24 now. They are even whql certified for the
GF6 cards.

6600 or 6600 GT? Bosconian Nvidia 18 12-02-2005 11:36 AM
BFG 6600 GT OC: Why are the graphics flickering? Mike S. Nvidia 17 10-13-2005 12:58 PM
6600 and video flickering MaSTeR Nvidia 5 03-05-2005 04:40 PM
Jedi Academy and Catalyst 3.7 - Weird flickering problem Glzmo ATI 13 10-19-2003 01:44 AM
HELP WITH A FLICKERING PROBLEM O. Dearson Nvidia 4 07-31-2003 03:09 AM