6800 Assembler for Windows 7

morsemh@wsdot.wa.gov

I need a M6800 assembler that will run on a Windows 7 operating
system. Does anyone know where a Windows 7-compatible assembler for
Motorola 6800 CPUs can be found?

Thanks
Mark

Andrew Smallshaw

On 2012-06-05, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I need a M6800 assembler that will run on a Windows 7 operating
> system. Does anyone know where a Windows 7-compatible assembler for
> Motorola 6800 CPUs can be found?

If no one can offer some more recent suggestions I have copies of
assemblers for various members of the 6800 family at
http://andrews.freeshell.org/news/20120605.cah/ in both C source
and DOS executable form.

Those programs are OLD - in particular, the source is old enough
to be pre-ANSI C. I have vague memories of compiling it on more
recent systems and while it's not overly problematic a little
fettling is required. The biggest problem I recall quickly looking
at the sources is that there is no makefile or similar showing how
the sources fit together, so you'll have to figure that out for
yourself. It was long enough ago that I don't recall any details
to be of assistance.

--
Andrew Smallshaw
(E-Mail Removed)

Mel Wilson

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I need a M6800 assembler that will run on a Windows 7 operating
> system. Does anyone know where a Windows 7-compatible assembler for
> Motorola 6800 CPUs can be found?

Back in the day, I used to use the Cross-32 Meta-Assembler for all
microcontroller programming. It seems to still be available:

http://www.datasynceng.com/c32doc.htm

Mel.

Andrew Smallshaw

On 2012-06-05, Andrew Smallshaw <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Those programs are OLD - in particular, the source is old enough
> to be pre-ANSI C. I have vague memories of compiling it on more
> recent systems and while it's not overly problematic a little
> fettling is required. The biggest problem I recall quickly looking
> at the sources is that there is no makefile or similar showing how
> the sources fit together, so you'll have to figure that out for
> yourself. It was long enough ago that I don't recall any details
> to be of assistance.

I've just had another look at it and got it working in a few minutes.
The only thing that needed to be done to build on this NetBSD system
was convert the filenames to lowercase and strip off the ^Z EOF
markers - for Windows you shouldn't need to do either. "as0.c" is
what you need to compile to build the 6800 assembler - it #includes
everything else.

--
Andrew Smallshaw
(E-Mail Removed)

Anton Erasmus

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 10:51:33 -0700 (PDT), (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I need a M6800 assembler that will run on a Windows 7 operating
>system. Does anyone know where a Windows 7-compatible assembler for
>Motorola 6800 CPUs can be found?

http://www.hvrsoftware.com/6800emu.htm
http://www.programmersheaven.com/dow.../Download.aspx

dp

On Jun 5, 8:51*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I need a M6800 assembler that will run on a Windows 7 operating
> system. *Does anyone know where a Windows 7-compatible assembler for
> Motorola 6800 CPUs can be found?
>
> Thanks
> Mark

Not an answer to what you are looking for - but may add some fun to
the thread.
On our DPS machines MDOS09 can be run in an emulation window - it
emulates an old system of ours. There one does have the original
RASM, (well, and RASM09), RLOAD etc.(feel the 70-es... :-) :-) ).
A shot I've made some time ago with a few instances of that
emulation thing: http://tgi-sci.com/misc/sc09em.gif

Not a very practical offer as the cheapest thing being a DPS machine
on offer is the netMCA-2: http://tgi-sci.com/tgi/nmcatb.htm ,
but hopefully will be some fun for some people to see.

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff Transgalactic Instruments

http://www.tgi-sci.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/didi_tg...7600228621276/

Mac Decman

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 14:44:48 -0700 (PDT), dp <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Jun 5, 8:51*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I need a M6800 assembler that will run on a Windows 7 operating
>> system. *Does anyone know where a Windows 7-compatible assembler for
>> Motorola 6800 CPUs can be found?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Mark

>Not an answer to what you are looking for - but may add some fun to
>the thread.
>On our DPS machines MDOS09 can be run in an emulation window - it
>emulates an old system of ours. There one does have the original
>RASM, (well, and RASM09), RLOAD etc.(feel the 70-es... :-) :-) ).
>A shot I've made some time ago with a few instances of that
>emulation thing: http://tgi-sci.com/misc/sc09em.gif
>
>Not a very practical offer as the cheapest thing being a DPS machine
>on offer is the netMCA-2: http://tgi-sci.com/tgi/nmcatb.htm ,
>but hopefully will be some fun for some people to see.
>
>Dimiter

>Dimiter Popoff Transgalactic Instruments
>
>http://www.tgi-sci.com
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/didi_tg...7600228621276/

Boy I forgot about white on blue terminals. I'll have to go back to
those. Weren't they standard on Alpha system consoles?

Mark DeArman

Simon Clubley

On 2012-06-06, Mac Decman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Boy I forgot about white on blue terminals. I'll have to go back to
> those. Weren't they standard on Alpha system consoles?

Certainly with Alpha based VMS systems they are.

The console is a normal VGA style display; it's the system software which
chooses white text on a blue background when running in text mode.

Simon.

dp

On Jun 6, 11:35*am, Mac Decman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 14:44:48 -0700 (PDT), dp <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >On Jun 5, 8:51 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >> I need a M6800 assembler that will run on a Windows 7 operating
> >> system. Does anyone know where a Windows 7-compatible assembler for
> >> Motorola 6800 CPUs can be found?

> >> Thanks
> >> Mark

> >Not an answer to what you are looking for - but may add some fun to
> >the thread.
> >On our DPS machines MDOS09 can be run in an emulation window - it
> >emulates an old system of ours. There one does have the original
> >RASM, (well, and RASM09), RLOAD etc.(feel the 70-es... *:-) :-) ).
> >A shot I've made some time ago with a few instances of that
> >emulation thing:http://tgi-sci.com/misc/sc09em.gif

> >Not a very practical offer as the cheapest thing being a DPS machine
> >on offer is the netMCA-2:http://tgi-sci.com/tgi/nmcatb.htm,
> >but hopefully will be some fun for some people to see.

> >Dimiter

> >------------------------------------------------------
> >Dimiter Popoff * * * * * * * Transgalactic Instruments

> >http://www.tgi-sci.com
> >------------------------------------------------------
> >http://www.flickr.com/photos/didi_tg...7600228621276/

> Boy I forgot about white on blue terminals. *I'll have to go back to
> those. *Weren't they standard on Alpha system consoles?
>
> Mark DeArman

I think I "reinvented" these colours somewhere around 1989, on the
text/graphics terminal of the system which is emulated (it actually
does look the way it did, although back then it would do up
to 640x408 pixels (408, right, not 480 :-) ).
I may well have been influenced by DEC though, I had seen (never
really used) a VAX of theirs which had these colours just a few
months before I set the colours I'd use on that machine...
I have clearly liked them, my DPS shell windows come in
these colours as well even now (they were mono up until 2000).

So I'd be glad if you "go back to those", always nice
to have some company :-).

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff Transgalactic Instruments

http://www.tgi-sci.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/didi_tg...7600228621276/

asa386

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 10:51:33 -0700, morsemh wrote:

> I need a M6800 assembler that will run on a Windows 7 operating system.
> Does anyone know where a Windows 7-compatible assembler for Motorola
> 6800 CPUs can be found?
>
> Thanks
> Mark

I wrote a 6800 assembler some years back (with tasm syntax). if you have
a windows compiler I can email you the source code. it will compile just
the same under Windows as it would under Linux =- all commandline driven

Sam