6ata4 motherboard

Eugene J. Maes

I am trying to find out if there is a size limit to the type of harddrive I
can use with my chaintech 6ata4 motherboard?

I would like to know if I can use any of the 30mb. 60mb or 80mb hard
drives?????

--
Eugene J. Maes
(E-Mail Removed)

Ugly Mugly

Eugene J. Maes wrote:
> I am trying to find out if there is a size limit to the type of
> harddrive I can use with my chaintech 6ata4 motherboard?
>
> I would like to know if I can use any of the 30mb. 60mb or 80mb hard
> drives?????

You mean 30Gb, 60Gb, or 80Gb? As cheap as drives are, you should buy one
and see. If it doesn't work, just purchase an ATA100 Controller card, and
use that to connect the hard drive to.

Lazarus

I have a 6bta2 and i flashed the bios to one released in 1999 to overcome
the 32gb limit and fitted an 80gig

I too wonder how far I can go but I would imagine the next upward limit will
be 127gigs

If you cant run the larger drive stick it someone else machine,format it and
put it back in your own machine

Problem solved!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...