7AJA2-100 Max CPU

Acedrew

The Chaintech site doesnt seem to acknowledge the existence of my 7AJA2-100
board.

Anyone know what the max CPU I can use is?

TIA

Andy

jOhN

Acedrew wrote:
> The Chaintech site doesnt seem to acknowledge the existence of my 7AJA2-100
> board.
>
> Anyone know what the max CPU I can use is?
>
> TIA
>
> Andy

Found this on a UK website
"7AJA2/100 & 6 CH SND SDR
Supports CPU's Upto AMD 1.4Ghz / XP 2600+
Comments: SOCKET A M/BOARD ONBOARD SOUND. ATA100 CONTROLLER WITH 2 USB
PORTS. WAKE ON LAN AND WAKE ON RING SUPPORT. SUPPORTS THE ATHLON - XP
CPU, 11/18/02 BIOS required for XP2600+ CPU @ 266Mhz. Supports 0.13 micron"

Like you said, Chaintech doesn't have much/any info. I did find several
BIOS download spots using google.

Lazarus

Your info is all there!

http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/p...No=13&PISNo=46

Always use the chaintech EUROPE site as all the others are incomplete and
never updated as quick

On the link above you will find just about everything you could need
bios,support,faq,mem compatibility list,etc etc

"Acedrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:403139e7$0$17073$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> The Chaintech site doesnt seem to acknowledge the existence of my

7AJA2-100
> board.
>
> Anyone know what the max CPU I can use is?
>
> TIA
>
> Andy

Lazarus

Version : 7.0
Date: 2003/10/31
Note :
Feature : Supported AMD Duron FSB133Mhz 1400+ 1600+ 1800+ CPU

Look what vers 7 allows!

news:VbeYb.3861$(E-Mail Removed) m...

Lazarus wrote:

> Your info is all there!
>
> http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/p...No=13&PISNo=46
>

> Always use the chaintech EUROPE site as all the others are incomplete and
> never updated as quick
>
> On the link above you will find just about everything you could need
> bios,support,faq,mem compatibility list,etc etc
>

> "Acedrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:403139e7$0$17073$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>
>>The Chaintech site doesnt seem to acknowledge the existence of my

> 7AJA2-100
>
>>board.
>>
>>Anyone know what the max CPU I can use is?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>Andy

That's the same on the other websites. I guess Acedrew and I are
wondering where the -100 version is supported. One bios website I found
referred to the 7AJA2 and the 7AJA2-100 as the same mainboard. Another
gave the indication that the 7AJA2-100 and the 7AJA2E used the same bios
and the 7AJA2 used a different one. A bios isn't something you want to
mess up since it can bugger the chip permanently.

I can't find any reference to the -100 on any of the chaintech websites
so I suggest Acedrew emails them. I hear they respond pretty quickly.

Lazarus

Doesnt the "100" simply indicate its 100fsb?

"jOhN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FgiYb.510$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Lazarus wrote:
>
> > Your info is all there!
> >
> > http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/p...No=13&PISNo=46
> >

> > Always use the chaintech EUROPE site as all the others are incomplete

and
> > never updated as quick
> >
> > On the link above you will find just about everything you could need
> > bios,support,faq,mem compatibility list,etc etc
> >

> > "Acedrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:403139e7$0$17073$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> >
> >>The Chaintech site doesnt seem to acknowledge the existence of my

> > 7AJA2-100
> >
> >>board.
> >>
> >>Anyone know what the max CPU I can use is?
> >>
> >>TIA
> >>
> >>Andy

> That's the same on the other websites. I guess Acedrew and I are
> wondering where the -100 version is supported. One bios website I found
> referred to the 7AJA2 and the 7AJA2-100 as the same mainboard. Another
> gave the indication that the 7AJA2-100 and the 7AJA2E used the same bios
> and the 7AJA2 used a different one. A bios isn't something you want to
> mess up since it can bugger the chip permanently.
>
> I can't find any reference to the -100 on any of the chaintech websites
> so I suggest Acedrew emails them. I hear they respond pretty quickly.

Acedrew

OK, assuming that what I have is actually a 'regular' 7AJA2, does anyone
know if I can use the newer (Thoroughbred, or even Barton/Thornton) Athlon
CPUs, or am I tied to the older Paolomino?

TIA

Andy

"Acedrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:403139e7$0$17073$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> The Chaintech site doesnt seem to acknowledge the existence of my

7AJA2-100
> board.
>
> Anyone know what the max CPU I can use is?
>
> TIA
>
> Andy

Max volt and Max temp on A7N8X JL AMD Overclocking 1 02-14-2004 08:53 PM
Max Cpu for Kr7a-Raid? Stefano Casalini Abit 6 12-25-2003 10:57 PM
Where is a chart of older Macs - max OS versions, max RAM, etc Terry McDanel Apple 5 10-21-2003 08:28 PM
ABit BH6 - max CPU speed? xppro Abit 17 10-21-2003 02:00 PM
Max CPU speed for KG7 Lite? Gary & Adrian West Abit 3 07-27-2003 09:39 PM