7NJL6 - which OS?

nthums1

Although I've had quirks, probably mostly Mr.Bill, I had what seemed
pretty darned good system, except not getting USB2 to function at hig
speed. This was under SE. Alas it went south before I got a recover
setup and my main partition got really scrambled. Reaso
undetermined
I set up a new drive with ME and again most of my troubles see
attributable to you know who. And again USB2 lacking its appropriat
speed
Has anyone had success with 98SE or ME? Was it a clean install or MOB
change (which mine was)
I contacted Chaintech concerning USB2 and was told to reset the CMOS
start up in BIOS and choose optimal defaults
I hadn't installed a floppy and that was the first thing it looked fo
and locked. Restart and it installed a second grouping for the ID
controller
I went to safe mode and removed most of the stuff, all system, IDE
& USB. Upon reboot in went to reinstalling and now I have a lo
of stuff installed twice. viewing devices by connection, some ar
directly off the computer and other off the acpi bios. And still tw
IDE controllers
Can anyone tell me what a properly installed device manager scree
should look like

uddarts

"" wrote:
> Although I've had quirks, probably mostly Mr.Bill, I had what
> seemed a
> pretty darned good system, except not getting USB2 to
> function at high
> speed. This was under SE. Alas it went south
> before I got a recovery
> setup and my main partition got really
> scrambled. Reason
> undetermined.
> I set up a new drive with ME
> and again most of my troubles seem
> attributable to you know
> who. And again USB2 lacking its appropriate
> speed.
> Has anyone
> had success with 98SE or ME? Was it a clean install or
> MOBO
> change (which mine was).
> I contacted Chaintech concerning
> USB2 and was told to reset the CMOS,
> start up in BIOS and
> choose optimal defaults.
> I hadn't installed a floppy and that
> was the first thing it looked for
> and locked. Restart and it
> installed a second grouping for the IDE
> controller.
> I went to
> safe mode and removed most of the stuff, all system, IDE,
> &
> USB. Upon reboot in went to reinstalling and now I have a
> lot
> of stuff installed twice. viewing devices by connection,
> some are
> directly off the computer and other off the acpi
> bios. And still two
> IDE controllers.
> Can anyone tell me what a
> properly installed device manager screen
> should look like?

what usb hardware are you using. i have a dual boot 98se and 2k on a
7njs which has the same chipset. i attached a wd 120 external
usb/firewire to it and transfered 4 gig of mp3 files/folders. the 2k
os was running about 5 min either direction. the 98se ran 6 min from
the usb drive but fell flat on itís face from the internal sata drive
doing the transfer in about 6 min.

i did a sandra 2004 file test both 98se and 2k showed 19meg transfer
rate.

no answer but should give something to compare.

ud

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Chaint...pict60806.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=307175

nthums1

Not the same chipset if you check closely
running Iomega HDD

Chaintech 7NJL6 blanks out constfilin Chaintech 49 11-28-2005 10:34 PM
BIOS settings for 7NJL6 Bill Chaintech 2 03-15-2005 09:17 PM
7NJL6---- I/O Plate and Spdif? Donald Chaintech 2 03-13-2005 04:33 PM
device cannot start (code 10) on a chaintech 7njl6 motherboard zeppkorn Chaintech 4 02-04-2005 11:20 AM
7NJL6 problems with large harddisk D. Reisner Chaintech 3 09-12-2004 05:00 PM