80mm 92mm 120 mm fan mounting spacing

twobirds

How far apart are the mounting holes on a 92mm case fan?

I have a case that is advertized to accept an 80mm or a 120mm fan on the
rear exhaust vent. I accidentally ordered a 92mm fan instead. I didn't
notice until it was too late (it laready shipped). Am I going to need an
adapter? If so, - Well, I see all sorts of 92 to 80mm adapters out there.
I can't seem to find a 92mm to 120mm adapter any where. Is there such a
thing?

Ed Light

You can tape it on.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
(E-Mail Removed)
Thanks, robots.

twobirds

Ed Light wrote:
> You can tape it on.

Though I'm a firm beleiver in mystic abilities of baling wire and duct tape,
I do happen to own a drill and a dremmel tool. Knowing the distance between
the mounting holes would help me make a decision between modding and
ordering another fan. If the 92mm is not suitable for my purpose, it will
find a home on one of my SLK-800s and I'll order a 120. Any idea what the
distance between the mounting holes is either diagonally, horizontally, or
vertically on a standard 92mm fan?

Ed Light

If the case takes 80 and 120, 90 being in between, I'd guess that you can
make holes for it. You can stand it off on rubber grommets too, or use one
of those vibration-damping gaskets.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
(E-Mail Removed)
Thanks, robots.

andrew

twobirds wrote:
> Ed Light wrote:
>
>>You can tape it on.

> Though I'm a firm beleiver in mystic abilities of baling wire and duct tape,
> I do happen to own a drill and a dremmel tool. Knowing the distance between
> the mounting holes would help me make a decision between modding and
> ordering another fan. If the 92mm is not suitable for my purpose, it will
> find a home on one of my SLK-800s and I'll order a 120. Any idea what the
> distance between the mounting holes is either diagonally, horizontally, or
> vertically on a standard 92mm fan?

According to the Farnell website (a large electronic component supplier
in the UK) the fixing centres for 92mm fans are 71.5mm apart. See
http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSear...U=149426&N=401
for details.

Cuzman

twobirds wrote:

" How far apart are the mounting holes on a 92mm case fan? "

I typed the words *80mm 92mm fan adapter* in to Google and it magically
brought up this: http://tinyurl.com/9cnw8

twobirds

Cuzman wrote:
> twobirds wrote:
>
> " How far apart are the mounting holes on a 92mm case fan? "
>

> I typed the words *80mm 92mm fan adapter* in to Google and it
> magically brought up this: http://tinyurl.com/9cnw8

Looking for a 92 to 120. There is one that is 120 to 92, but it won't suit
my purpose

twobirds

Cuzman wrote:
> twobirds wrote:
>
> " How far apart are the mounting holes on a 92mm case fan? "
>

> I typed the words *80mm 92mm fan adapter* in to Google and it
> magically brought up this: http://tinyurl.com/9cnw8

I decided to reply twice.

Listen. Should we put up a sign on usenet that reads: "Just use google.
Human interaction has been replaced" ?? . If you think I don't know how
to use a search box... maybe you can just **** right off. Your "magical
appearance" (of the wrong answer anyway because you didn't read) was not my
chosen method to secure the information I desired. I chose to use usenet.
That's where I might actually find a *person* with the information I want
who is willing to share it with me.

You ****ers who always post, "Use google" and seldom contribute anything of
relavence to threads on usenet can lick my sweaty balls. To state it more
simply - **** you.

Bill

says...
> Cuzman wrote:
> > twobirds wrote:
> >
> > " How far apart are the mounting holes on a 92mm case fan? "
> >

> > I typed the words *80mm 92mm fan adapter* in to Google and it
> > magically brought up this: http://tinyurl.com/9cnw8

> I decided to reply twice.
>
> Listen. Should we put up a sign on usenet that reads: "Just use google.
> Human interaction has been replaced" ?? . If you think I don't know how
> to use a search box... maybe you can just **** right off. Your "magical
> appearance" (of the wrong answer anyway because you didn't read) was not my
> chosen method to secure the information I desired. I chose to use usenet.
> That's where I might actually find a *person* with the information I want
> who is willing to share it with me.
>
> You ****ers who always post, "Use google" and seldom contribute anything of
> relavence to threads on usenet can lick my sweaty balls. To state it more
> simply - **** you.

Maybe they're just tired of answering lazy, syphlitic, goat blowing
lamers such as yourself. And I mean that in a nice way.

Bill

High

> You ****ers who always post, "Use google" and seldom contribute anything of
> relavence to threads on usenet can lick my sweaty balls. To state it more
> simply - **** you.

No, **** YOU, why would anyone want to help an ASSHOLE like you. JUST
USE GOOGLE!!