860416 - boot problem

hamidi@gmail.com

hi

i've an Albatron PX865PE Pro (v2.0) with the following configuration:
CPU: intel P4 2.8 HT Enabled
RAM: 3x256MB
HDD: 2x; 100, 200
BIOS version: v1.24
VGA: nVidia GeForce FX 5200

the problem:
sometimes when i power my computer on, it begins making a continual
sound after a few seconds while noting appears on screen. the only way
is to reset it by the key on the case. this way works everytime and
causes the system to boot properly. how can i avoid such a problem?
since i use RTC WakeUp mechanism, i need it to boot properly when i'm
outside of the office. i want it to turn on and do some scheduled
tasks overnight.

thx
hamidi

peter

Since you need to reset with the "key" I assume the intrusion alarm is
making the sound.
Does this mobo have that feature? do you have it turned on in the BIOS??

If by "key" you actually mean the on/off switch on the front of the case
there are 2 things I would check ...one being the HD the noise could be a
failing HD..the manufacturers website usually has some sort of testing
program for that purpose.The other being the Power Supply they do wear out
and maybe yours is on its last leg and just does not have the juice to power
up all of the hardware but when you do a soft on/off some of those devices
already ave power and it starts.
good luck
peter
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...