865pe Neo2 P driver disc

Jim E

Can someone do me a copy of the driver disc for this mainboard.

Can pay expenses via paypal!

Jim E

avmaster

at

btinternet

dot com

is the addy

"Jim E" <who?> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can someone do me a copy of the driver disc for this mainboard.
>
> Can pay expenses via paypal!

Folk

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:57:00 -0000, "Jim E" <who?> wrote:

>Can someone do me a copy of the driver disc for this mainboard.
>
>Can pay expenses via paypal!

Why don't you just download them? They are available here:
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...UID=556&kind=1

Jim E

"Folk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:57:00 -0000, "Jim E" <who?> wrote:
>
>>Can someone do me a copy of the driver disc for this mainboard.
>>
>>Can pay expenses via paypal!

> Why don't you just download them? They are available here:
> http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...UID=556&kind=1

For some reason my board will not accept the LAN driver in xp. Keeps telling
me its the wrong driver. I am at my wits end I have tried everything but I
cannot seem to find the right driver for this boards lan.

MS 6728 Version 2 is what it says on the board and that appears to be a
865pe p.

But something is clearly wrong because I also downloaded the inf update and
the onboard sound driver....both of these installed ok but when I run live
update it tells me there is 2 drivers. The inf and the sound???? No mention
of the lan though.

Its as though my board looks like a 865pe p but its not and live update is
getting drivers somewhere else!

The manual says its a realtek 8110s and the driver I download corrsponds to
this but xp keeps saying its the wrong driver.

I checked the picture on msi`s site and it looks identical in every way to
my board.

?

Folk

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:00:40 -0000, "Jim E" <who?> wrote:

>"Folk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:57:00 -0000, "Jim E" <who?> wrote:
>>
>>>Can someone do me a copy of the driver disc for this mainboard.
>>>
>>>Can pay expenses via paypal!

>> Why don't you just download them? They are available here:
>> http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...UID=556&kind=1

>For some reason my board will not accept the LAN driver in xp. Keeps telling
>me its the wrong driver. I am at my wits end I have tried everything but I
>cannot seem to find the right driver for this boards lan.
>
>MS 6728 Version 2 is what it says on the board and that appears to be a
>865pe p.
>
>But something is clearly wrong because I also downloaded the inf update and
>the onboard sound driver....both of these installed ok but when I run live
>update it tells me there is 2 drivers. The inf and the sound???? No mention
>of the lan though.
>
>Its as though my board looks like a 865pe p but its not and live update is
>getting drivers somewhere else!
>
>The manual says its a realtek 8110s and the driver I download corrsponds to
>this but xp keeps saying its the wrong driver.
>
>I checked the picture on msi`s site and it looks identical in every way to
>my board.
>
>?

You might try a utility such as Belarc Advisor or SiSoft Sandra to
help identify your hardware. Both are free downloads.

Have you tried the drivers directly from Realtek's site? You can find
them here:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

Jim E

"Folk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:00:40 -0000, "Jim E" <who?> wrote:
>

>>"Folk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> Why don't you just download them? They are available here:
>>> http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...UID=556&kind=1

>>For some reason my board will not accept the LAN driver in xp. Keeps
>>telling
>>me its the wrong driver. I am at my wits end I have tried everything but I
>>cannot seem to find the right driver for this boards lan.
>>
>>MS 6728 Version 2 is what it says on the board and that appears to be a
>>865pe p.
>>
>>But something is clearly wrong because I also downloaded the inf update
>>and
>>the onboard sound driver....both of these installed ok but when I run live
>>update it tells me there is 2 drivers. The inf and the sound???? No
>>mention
>>of the lan though.
>>
>>Its as though my board looks like a 865pe p but its not and live update is
>>getting drivers somewhere else!
>>
>>The manual says its a realtek 8110s and the driver I download corrsponds
>>this but xp keeps saying its the wrong driver.
>>
>>I checked the picture on msi`s site and it looks identical in every way to
>>my board.
>>
>>?

> You might try a utility such as Belarc Advisor or SiSoft Sandra to
> help identify your hardware. Both are free downloads.
>
> Have you tried the drivers directly from Realtek's site? You can find
> them here:
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

Tried everything mate incl belarc but belarc cant identify a card unless it
has its driver loaded it just sees it as a comms device!

Tried the generic driver too!

Thanks for your efforts I really appreciate it.

If I could just get the original disc then it would confirm/deny that the
lan is actually broken in some way!

Paul

Jim E wrote:
> "Folk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:00:40 -0000, "Jim E" <who?> wrote:
>>
>>> "Folk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> For some reason my board will not accept the LAN driver in xp. Keeps
>>> telling
>>> me its the wrong driver. I am at my wits end I have tried everything but I
>>> cannot seem to find the right driver for this boards lan.
>>>
>>> MS 6728 Version 2 is what it says on the board and that appears to be a
>>> 865pe p.
>>>
>>> But something is clearly wrong because I also downloaded the inf update
>>> and
>>> the onboard sound driver....both of these installed ok but when I run live
>>> update it tells me there is 2 drivers. The inf and the sound???? No
>>> mention
>>> of the lan though.
>>>
>>> Its as though my board looks like a 865pe p but its not and live update is
>>> getting drivers somewhere else!
>>>
>>> The manual says its a realtek 8110s and the driver I download corrsponds
>>> this but xp keeps saying its the wrong driver.
>>>
>>> I checked the picture on msi`s site and it looks identical in every way to
>>> my board.
>>>
>>> ?

>> You might try a utility such as Belarc Advisor or SiSoft Sandra to
>> help identify your hardware. Both are free downloads.
>>
>> Have you tried the drivers directly from Realtek's site? You can find
>> them here:
>> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

> Tried everything mate incl belarc but belarc cant identify a card unless it
> has its driver loaded it just sees it as a comms device!
>
> Tried the generic driver too!
>
> Thanks for your efforts I really appreciate it.
>
> If I could just get the original disc then it would confirm/deny that the
> lan is actually broken in some way!

Try Everest:

When my sound card was making bad connections to the PCI bus,
I could still read the enumeration information with Everest.

A driver won't load, unless the enumeration matches an entry in
the INF file. Every time one of the PCI bus pins made bad
contact, I'd see the new hardware wizard. If the chip itself is
completely dead or is disabled in the BIOS, then you won't be
able to see it in Everest or use its installer.

Devices:PCI Devicesevice_Description and highlight something
which is not properly labelled. For example, I have a card present
on the PCI bus, which is a custom hardware design, and it shows
as "Coprocessor [NoDB]" when Everest tries to ID it.

Paul

Jim E

"Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:etft4i$99i$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jim E wrote:
>> "Folk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> You might try a utility such as Belarc Advisor or SiSoft Sandra to
>>> help identify your hardware. Both are free downloads.
>>>
>>> Have you tried the drivers directly from Realtek's site? You can find
>>> them here:
>>> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

>> Tried everything mate incl belarc but belarc cant identify a card unless
>> it has its driver loaded it just sees it as a comms device!
>>
>> Tried the generic driver too!
>>
>> Thanks for your efforts I really appreciate it.
>>
>> If I could just get the original disc then it would confirm/deny that the
>> lan is actually broken in some way!
>>

> Try Everest:
>
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
>
> When my sound card was making bad connections to the PCI bus,
> I could still read the enumeration information with Everest.
>
> A driver won't load, unless the enumeration matches an entry in
> the INF file. Every time one of the PCI bus pins made bad
> contact, I'd see the new hardware wizard. If the chip itself is
> completely dead or is disabled in the BIOS, then you won't be
> able to see it in Everest or use its installer.
>
> Devices:PCI Devicesevice_Description and highlight something
> which is not properly labelled. For example, I have a card present
> on the PCI bus, which is a custom hardware design, and it shows
> as "Coprocessor [NoDB]" when Everest tries to ID it.
>
> Paul

You are da man!!!!

First everest (which I had....duh!) told me that my board is in fact a 865ps
neo2 which msi`s site doesnt list.

It also told me that the lan was in fact a RTL6129 and not a RTL8110s as the
menual states. Again Realteks site had never heard of it. I done an ask
jeeves and downloaded a 14kb file. I was thinking "what the feck is
this...14kb!!!! surely thats not a driver"

It was!!!!

Without your post Paul I would have given up so cheers for that m8!