prdtr

Hello all

I have a MSI mobo "Platinum Edition" socket 478. I have always had this
little problem with the system where it becomes unstable and slow, ie mouse
lags, video playback jitter. I also noticed that when this happens the power
light on the front of the case is "off", HDD LED works like it should . This
problem is extremely intermittent, I leave the PC on 24/7, and goes
sometimes weeks without a hitch. I have learnt that putting the PC in sleep
mode and waking it up fixes the issue instead of a full reboot. I have
scroured MSI forums, and to no avail. The BIOS is current, and I'm just
tossing this out there to see what comes up...

PrDtR

Grunion

Could be the processor slowing down because of excess heat. Blow out the
dust.
Perhaps the power supply is borderline or the motherboard is grounding
out.

Grun