8RDA+ & 1800+ 50 degrees

Hugh Sutherland

I have the abonve board and chip and my cpu temp is usually 49 degree
celcius and sometimes goes up to 50 or 51. I am using the stock fan. Is
this a normal temp?

Hugh

Graham W

"Hugh Sutherland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1KNjd.5896$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have the abonve board and chip and my cpu temp is usually 49 degree
> celcius and sometimes goes up to 50 or 51. I am using the stock fan.

Is
> this a normal temp?

Possibly. It isn't out of range but a lot depends on the room temp and
system temp. See the article 'My Recent XP1800+ Build' on my website
in sig (1). Note that the VCool utility won't work on the 8RDA+ nForce
m/board.

(1) That was a previous m/board (8KHA+) but it is an 8RDA+ now
with a mobile XPM2500+ clocked to 3200 speeds!

David

"Hugh Sutherland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1KNjd.5896$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have the abonve board and chip and my cpu temp is usually 49 degree
>celcius and sometimes goes up to 50 or 51. I am using the stock fan. Is
>this a normal temp?
>
> Hugh

Nothing to worry about . Does your case have any exhaust fans? What is your
ambient temp? Stress load your cpu to see how high it goes eg prime95

using a volcano7+ on low rpm and my cpu overclocked from xp1700 to xp2400
speed the temp is sitting at 45 under load with an ambient temp of 25.

Philburg2

I have a similar backup PC, it gets pretty hot and the airflow is decent. I
think this chip ran hot for its stock fan. I think Im using a 2500+ rated
stock fan on it, it still is pretty warm during summer.