8rDA+ & XP3000

H Sutherland

My Epox 8RDA+ Ver 1.1 will not work with my ATHLON XP3000 400Mhz CPU
According to the specs the highest it will go is 333Mhz so why does it just
not clock down?
I put the chip in it starts up for 2seconds then powers off. I don't think
the chip is bad but I have not been able to test it in another system yet.
I cleared the CMOS and no luck.
By the way the chip number is: AXDA3000DKV4E. Any ideas?

Hugh

gdp

H Sutherland wrote:
> My Epox 8RDA+ Ver 1.1 will not work with my ATHLON XP3000 400Mhz CPU
> According to the specs the highest it will go is 333Mhz so why does it just
> not clock down?
> I put the chip in it starts up for 2seconds then powers off. I don't think
> the chip is bad but I have not been able to test it in another system yet.
> I cleared the CMOS and no luck.
> By the way the chip number is: AXDA3000DKV4E. Any ideas?
>
> Hugh

What BIOS revision are you running? You may need at least 8RDA3A17.BIN
dated 2003/10/17, or later.

http://www.k7jo.de/8rda+/index.htm#epox

dave

There are two versions of the XP3000+. One that has a fixed multiplier for
use with 333mhz fsb and another for 400mhz fsb. You got the wrong one. You
should have got the 333mhz to be compatible with your motherboard. The only
way to run it in that MB is to underclock it. You can always set the fsb to
333mhz in cmos setup. But I don't think this is your problem right now.
Like the other guy said, be sure to update to the latest bios. You sure
your HSF is plugged in properly? Maybe the power supply is not up to
powering the higher powered cpu?

DaveL

"H Sutherland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vp2ih.55818$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My Epox 8RDA+ Ver 1.1 will not work with my ATHLON XP3000 400Mhz CPU
> According to the specs the highest it will go is 333Mhz so why does it
> just not clock down?
> I put the chip in it starts up for 2seconds then powers off. I don't
> think the chip is bad but I have not been able to test it in another
> system yet. I cleared the CMOS and no luck.
> By the way the chip number is: AXDA3000DKV4E. Any ideas?
>
> Hugh

H Sutherland

I have the latest biuos & I don't think its a bios problem since it only
powers on for 2 or 3seconds then turns off. the screen or bios prompt don't
even come up.

XP3000+ on a KX7-333R ?? DrWho Abit 4 12-20-2004 10:16 PM
XP3000+ CPU Parameters JP Abit 1 08-21-2004 05:40 AM
KX7-333R and ATHLON XP3000+ 333MHZ FSB? s f j cody Abit 4 12-13-2003 08:59 PM
Startup & Restart Problems on Athlon XP3000+/Abit KD7-G/WinXP BradleyJ Abit 0 11-10-2003 01:03 PM
Startup & Restart Problems on Athlon XP3000+/Abit KD7-G/WinXP BradleyJ Abit 6 07-18-2003 06:59 AM