8RDA+ Firewire hookup?

KK

I have the Epox BRDA+ MB and it says the firewire is Optional. I have the
connectots attched to the board and the firewire rear panel but I get
nothing...any ideas?

Thanks

KK

Michael Thomas

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:37:01 GMT, KK <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have the Epox BRDA+ MB and it says the firewire is Optional. I have the
>connectots attched to the board and the firewire rear panel but I get
>nothing...any ideas?
>
>Thanks
>
>KK

Enable it in the BIOS?

MT

KK

Yes I have done that. I now see it in the device manager but I didn't when
I first enabled it, or at least I don't think I did. What is the 1394 GUID?

Thanks

KK

> Enable it in the BIOS?
>
> MT

Michael Thomas

On 07 Oct 2004 12:52:17 GMT, KK <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Yes I have done that. I now see it in the device manager but I didn't when
>I first enabled it, or at least I don't think I did. What is the 1394 GUID?
>
>Thanks
>
>KK
>
>> Enable it in the BIOS?
>>
>> MT

GUID = Globally unique Identifier. Each firewire device has its own
Identifier, like NIC's have MAC addresses to identify them.

MT