8RDA+ help needed

Lee M.

Today I upgraded my 2nd PC, a Win98SE machine which is used as a 2nd
internet terminal. I replaced a Socket 7 mobo with my son's 8RDA+ with a
1200mhz Duron and 256mb RAM. I transferred the only 2 cards I was using:
low end Geforce (MX64 from LeadTek) and LAN card.

I have been unable to get anything other than 16 color 640x480 video and no
network connection (I have tried 2 different network cards.) I have tried
to load the nForce mobo drivers without success (setup just stops) and both
nVidia and Leadtek drivers for the video card, also without success. On the
video driver setup, it asks if I want to install the AGP VGART and when I
say yet, it says device ID incorrect and exits. There is no network card
shown in the device manager. I have managed to get the LeakTek card
recognized but still unable to load the nVidia drivers.

Any suggestions? I'm out of ideas.

Thanks.

dave

Format the hard drive and load a fresh Windows XP.

DaveL

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..