8RDA+ with post code 26

paburatyn@hotmail.com

I've got an 8RDA+ that is throwing a post code of 26. I can't get it to
boot up at all - no video, nothing.

Looking through the archives, I see that a video card could be the
problem, but the system was running with the present video card until
yesterday.

The real ***** of it is, I just got this board back from Epox on an RMA
about two months ago! Maybe it just time to retire her...really don't
think I should have to though.

Any insight into the problem?

DaveL

My manual says that 26h is reserved. Normal with a bad video card you'll
get a beep code of one long beep followed by two short. You should visually
inspect the capacitors for bulging tops and tan or brown substance on top.
Epox is currently RMAing these boards for this problem. I have two of them
and they are both showing signs of stressed capacitors.

DaveL

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I've got an 8RDA+ that is throwing a post code of 26. I can't get it to
> boot up at all - no video, nothing.
>
> Looking through the archives, I see that a video card could be the
> problem, but the system was running with the present video card until
> yesterday.
>
> The real ***** of it is, I just got this board back from Epox on an RMA
> about two months ago! Maybe it just time to retire her...really don't
> think I should have to though.
>
> Any insight into the problem?

John Smith

Hi
Poss video card problem or overclocking failure
try totally clearing bios,pull mains lead out,turn on to clear
power supply,move jumper to clear on bios,leave 30 secs then move back
also try removing battery
also try holding down"insert" key while powering up(hold
down insert key before pushing power button)
try moving jumper on fsb pins to 100/133

Smify

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I've got an 8RDA+ that is throwing a post code of 26. I can't get it to
> boot up at all - no video, nothing.
>
> Looking through the archives, I see that a video card could be the
> problem, but the system was running with the present video card until
> yesterday.
>
> The real ***** of it is, I just got this board back from Epox on an RMA
> about two months ago! Maybe it just time to retire her...really don't
> think I should have to though.
>
> Any insight into the problem?

paburatyn@hotmail.com

Well - it seems it is a video card problem. I threw an old PCI card in,
and away it went.

Searching in deja, I see that some ppl had problems with the 8rda+ and
video cards blowing in the past. I wonder which component is the
problem.

John Smith wrote:
> Hi
> Poss video card problem or overclocking failure
> try totally clearing bios,pull mains lead out,turn on to clear
> power supply,move jumper to clear on bios,leave 30 secs then move

back
> also try removing battery
> also try holding down"insert" key while powering up(hold
> down insert key before pushing power button)
> try moving jumper on fsb pins to 100/133
>
> Smify
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > I've got an 8RDA+ that is throwing a post code of 26. I can't get

it to
> > boot up at all - no video, nothing.
> >
> > Looking through the archives, I see that a video card could be the
> > problem, but the system was running with the present video card

until
> > yesterday.
> >
> > The real ***** of it is, I just got this board back from Epox on an

RMA
> > about two months ago! Maybe it just time to retire her...really

don't
> > think I should have to though.
> >
> > Any insight into the problem?

John Smith

Hi
What video card u got?
the early 8rdas had the dimm slots a bit to low
this caused a prob with big video cards,specifically the 4600s
if not careful on installing vid card it would knock a transistor of the
back
of the 4400/4600 pcb

http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/showt...8&page=1&pp=20

also if a radeon 9700/9800(and poss others)they do not like fast writes
enabled
Trouble is if clearing bios fast writes is enabled by default
so pop in nvidea card or pci card,go into bios and disable fast writes,then
pop in radeon

Smiffy

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Well - it seems it is a video card problem. I threw an old PCI card in,
> and away it went.
>
> Searching in deja, I see that some ppl had problems with the 8rda+ and
> video cards blowing in the past. I wonder which component is the
> problem.

How to line up source code with assembly code? janii Embedded 5 03-30-2011 09:32 PM
importing machine code into code warior John Smith Embedded 4 08-21-2006 07:48 PM
TH7-RAID post code 01 fa|cob|ue Abit 1 12-01-2003 11:53 PM
IT7-MAX2 POST Code 8B Todd Viola Abit 0 11-04-2003 11:01 PM
[Hitachi Tool] Insert asm code in C Code Bob Embedded 5 08-28-2003 05:31 PM