8rda+ Problem

Li Nan

hallo alle,
ich habe heute epox 8rda+ bekommen.Und entdecke ich dass die ps2 Tastatur
nicht annerkannt wird, wenn ich IDE-Device anschliesse. Nachdem ich die
IDE-Device (Festplatte und CD-Rom)rausgenommen habe, wird die Tastatur
wieder annerkannt.Woran kann das Problem liegehn?
bitte mail an (E-Mail Removed)-aachen.de
danke

DaveL

Can you type it in english? My German is a little rusty. But I have a
feeling I'm going to advise you to use the MS IDE driver.

DaveL

"Li Nan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hallo alle,
> ich habe heute epox 8rda+ bekommen.Und entdecke ich dass die ps2 Tastatur
> nicht annerkannt wird, wenn ich IDE-Device anschliesse. Nachdem ich die
> IDE-Device (Festplatte und CD-Rom)rausgenommen habe, wird die Tastatur
> wieder annerkannt.Woran kann das Problem liegehn?
> bitte mail an (E-Mail Removed)-aachen.de
> danke

Li Nan

of english.
ich have had epox 8RDA+ today. But it will not work. If the IDE-Device steck
on the Board. My PS2 keyborad will not be recognized. If i pluged the
IDE-Device from the board, it do work. And i have tried several PS2
keyborad. Nothing changed.
My Computer:
EPOX 8RDA+
Barton 2500+
350W
Maxtor 80G 7200rpm, 2M Cache.
2X256MB DDR 400 Memory from Infinion
LG CD Rom
etc.
could you help me?
(E-Mail Removed)-aachen.de
"DaveL" <(E-Mail Removed)> ??????:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can you type it in english? My German is a little rusty. But I have a
> feeling I'm going to advise you to use the MS IDE driver.
>
> DaveL
>

> "Li Nan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> hallo alle,
>> ich habe heute epox 8rda+ bekommen.Und entdecke ich dass die ps2 Tastatur
>> nicht annerkannt wird, wenn ich IDE-Device anschliesse. Nachdem ich die
>> IDE-Device (Festplatte und CD-Rom)rausgenommen habe, wird die Tastatur
>> wieder annerkannt.Woran kann das Problem liegehn?
>> bitte mail an (E-Mail Removed)-aachen.de
>> danke

DaveL

Ok. I take it that when you attach some kind of IDE device to the system
then the keyboard quits working. My first guess is you have run out of IRQs
and something is refusing to share nicely. It would help if you explained
what this "IDE-Device" is. If this is a PCI expansion board then try
another PCI slot.

DaveL

"Li Nan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> of english.
> ich have had epox 8RDA+ today. But it will not work. If the IDE-Device
> steck on the Board. My PS2 keyborad will not be recognized. If i pluged
> the IDE-Device from the board, it do work. And i have tried several PS2
> keyborad. Nothing changed.
> My Computer:
> EPOX 8RDA+
> Barton 2500+
> 350W
> Maxtor 80G 7200rpm, 2M Cache.
> 2X256MB DDR 400 Memory from Infinion
> LG CD Rom
> etc.
> could you help me?
> (E-Mail Removed)-aachen.de
> "DaveL" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> ??????:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can you type it in english? My German is a little rusty. But I have a
>> feeling I'm going to advise you to use the MS IDE driver.
>>
>> DaveL
>>

>> "Li Nan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> hallo alle,
>>> ich habe heute epox 8rda+ bekommen.Und entdecke ich dass die ps2
>>> Tastatur nicht annerkannt wird, wenn ich IDE-Device anschliesse. Nachdem
>>> ich die IDE-Device (Festplatte und CD-Rom)rausgenommen habe, wird die
>>> Tastatur wieder annerkannt.Woran kann das Problem liegehn?
>>> bitte mail an (E-Mail Removed)-aachen.de
>>> danke

Li Nan

the so called ide-device ist a harddisk maxtor and a cd rom from LG. that's
all. I do not understand, what does pci expansion board. But it isn't the
same, i guess.
what should i do now?
"DaveL" <(E-Mail Removed)> ??????:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok. I take it that when you attach some kind of IDE device to the system
> then the keyboard quits working. My first guess is you have run out of
> IRQs and something is refusing to share nicely. It would help if you
> explained what this "IDE-Device" is. If this is a PCI expansion board
> then try another PCI slot.
>
> DaveL
>

> "Li Nan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> of english.
>> ich have had epox 8RDA+ today. But it will not work. If the IDE-Device
>> steck on the Board. My PS2 keyborad will not be recognized. If i pluged
>> the IDE-Device from the board, it do work. And i have tried several PS2
>> keyborad. Nothing changed.
>> My Computer:
>> EPOX 8RDA+
>> Barton 2500+
>> 350W
>> Maxtor 80G 7200rpm, 2M Cache.
>> 2X256MB DDR 400 Memory from Infinion
>> LG CD Rom
>> etc.
>> could you help me?
>> (E-Mail Removed)-aachen.de
>> "DaveL" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> ??????:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Can you type it in english? My German is a little rusty. But I have a
>>> feeling I'm going to advise you to use the MS IDE driver.
>>>
>>> DaveL
>>>

>>> "Li Nan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

DaveL

So you are saying that when you connect the hard disk to the IDE channel the
keyboard quits working? Try a different hard drive. Try clearing the cmos
and loading setup defaults.

DaveL

"Li Nan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> the so called ide-device ist a harddisk maxtor and a cd rom from LG.
> that's all. I do not understand, what does pci expansion board. But it
> isn't the same, i guess.
> what should i do now?
> "DaveL" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> ??????:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Ok. I take it that when you attach some kind of IDE device to the system
>> then the keyboard quits working. My first guess is you have run out of
>> IRQs and something is refusing to share nicely. It would help if you
>> explained what this "IDE-Device" is. If this is a PCI expansion board
>> then try another PCI slot.
>>
>> DaveL
>>

>> "Li Nan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> of english.
>>> ich have had epox 8RDA+ today. But it will not work. If the IDE-Device
>>> steck on the Board. My PS2 keyborad will not be recognized. If i pluged
>>> the IDE-Device from the board, it do work. And i have tried several PS2
>>> keyborad. Nothing changed.
>>> My Computer:
>>> EPOX 8RDA+
>>> Barton 2500+
>>> 350W
>>> Maxtor 80G 7200rpm, 2M Cache.
>>> 2X256MB DDR 400 Memory from Infinion
>>> LG CD Rom
>>> etc.
>>> could you help me?
>>> (E-Mail Removed)-aachen.de
>>> "DaveL" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> ??????:(E-Mail Removed)...

Li Nan

i had cleaned cmos, but it does not work. And i will try anathor harddisk
from IBM. I hope it will be work.