8RDA3+ Post FF only

ian_journeaux@hotmail.com

I just flashed the bios on my motherboard. Everything went ok and I
pressed F1 to reboot. The motherboard never came back up and the Boot
code is always FF.

Tried all of the obvious things. Cleared the CMOS, disconnected all
power removed memory.

Nada nothing.

Capacitors are all ok

Am I missing something obvious or do I have to get incontact with Epox?
Thanks

DaveL

Disconnect the PSU from the board. Clear the cmos by setting the jumper
and removing
the battery for 10 minutes. There should be a failsafe jumper on the board.
Try setting that too.

If that doesn't work, take the board out of the case. With only cpu with
hsf, one stick of ram
and video card hooked up, clear the cmos by setting the jumper and removing
the battery for
10 minutes. Then hook up the psu and start by momentarily shorting the power
switch pins on
the motherboard.

DaveL

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I just flashed the bios on my motherboard. Everything went ok and I
> pressed F1 to reboot. The motherboard never came back up and the Boot
> code is always FF.
>
> Tried all of the obvious things. Cleared the CMOS, disconnected all
> power removed memory.
>
> Nada nothing.
>
> Capacitors are all ok
>
> Am I missing something obvious or do I have to get incontact with Epox?
> Thanks

ian_journeaux@hotmail.com

No luck! The post code is immediately FF.

The flashing process didn't indicate any errors but it seems to have
gone bad. I wonder if it possible to just get a new bios from Epox?

ian_journeaux@hotmail.com

PS I couldn't locate any fail safe jumper.

venioo

> No luck! The post code is immediately FF.
>
> The flashing process didn't indicate any errors but it seems to have
> gone bad. I wonder if it possible to just get a new bios from Epox?

Code FF means "Everything OK, system BOOT", doesn't it? Probably your OS
boots correctly but you have no picture on the monitor. Try changing your
graphic card and if it still won't go, just plug some old PCI graphic card.
It should work. If it's the problem then it's quite similar to mine: code
1d.

venioo

DaveL

According to the manual it's called JCLK and it's positioned between the ATX
PSU connector and the chipset. Set it to the 1-2 position which is the two
pins closest to the CPU.

DaveL

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> PS I couldn't locate any fail safe jumper.

DaveL

https://www.epoxstore.com/Product_De...roduct_ID=1015

You may also contact Epox support and maybe send in your board for
reflashing. BTW, what files and versions did you use to flash? I have a
feeling you made a mistake or fell victim to a pitfall.