8RGA+ support AGP 8x video cards??

hotister@hotmail.com

Hi, I think I'm confused with the AGP standard. I have a old Epox 8RGA+
motherboard (nVIDIA nforce2 chipset based motherboard), which when I
get into the BIOS setting, one of the options say that I could "enable"
AGP 8x support, however, currently I'm running a ATI Radeon 8500 card
(64MB) which (I think, after run SiSoftware Sandra), is a 4x card. So
my questions are:

1. Could anyone please confirm that my AGP slot does upport newer 8x
AGP video cards??
2. How many versions of AGP slots are there on the market?? I mean, on
the motherboard?? I think my AGP version (according to the SiSoft
Sandra is version 2.20), is there any other version of AGP?? Is there a
AGP FAQ out there? thanks!

John Smith

Hi

Yes it does,but agp X 4 or X 8 only
not X 1 or X 2 as that may damage motherboard and/or videocard

(1.5v and 0.75v)

Smiffy

hotister@hotmail.com

Thanks! BTW what do you mean by X 4 or X 8 only?? Do you mean "4x" or
"8x" only??
I also took a look at www.wikipedia.org to get to know more about AGP
standard, but still a bit confused.. For example,

Would the eVGA GeForce 6600 LE 256MB DDR AGP (AGP 8x interface) works
with my motherboard (Epox 8RGA+)? Thanks!

John Smith wrote:
> Hi
>
> Yes it does,but agp X 4 or X 8 only
> not X 1 or X 2 as that may damage motherboard and/or videocard
>
> (1.5v and 0.75v)
>
> Smiffy

John Smith

Hi