PcGAmeR22

is 80 degrees Cecilius safe for my 9400 gt
i play games and temps sometimes go up to 8

yukonron

yukonron;1314721 Wrote:
> Yeah that's 176 degrees fahrenheit, meat cooks at 160, water boils a
> 212. You really should look at a high performance fan or keep a fir
> extinguisher handy.

Did some more research on your 9400GT found this info.
60C idle is a little bit high (should be 45 -50 about). The other loa
temperatures are o.k. You should'nt have no real reason to think th
load temps are bad before you hit 80C and up really.

But have you tried downloading the EVGA precision utility or Riva Tune
and see if the fan runs low speed = about 30%? This is a common proble
with the later, compatible drivers. If you find out, that the fan ar
running low? Crank it up to 50% fixed speed. A good load temp, ar
between 65 and 70C.

You can always download GPU Z, and set it to log the temperatures whil
playing a game for like 30 minutes.
Try cleaning your fan's with the canned air. You want to blow all of th
dust out from behind the fan's sometimes you get a layer of dust buil
up on the heatsinks. My system will shut down to protect itself if th
temps get that high. I'm using a GeForce GT 430 and my temps are betwee
40 and 47c.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/product...gt-430-us.html
I can play all of the latest games with no problem

PcGAmeR22

first of all 60 average is after playing a gam
if i dont play games and when i first turn my pc on the temp is 42
it goes up to 52 and stays 52 , when i play the game it keeps going u
depending on the game im playing , when i turn the game off it drop
back to 60 than slowly back to 5
and i already have evga precision and im using it to watch the temps
and second i cant control my fans speed , that option is not availabl
for some reaso

yukonron

PcGAmeR22;1314725 Wrote:
> first of all 60 average is after playing a game
> if i dont play games and when i first turn my pc on the temp is 42
> it goes up to 52 and stays 52 , when i play the game it keeps going u
> depending on the game im playing , when i turn the game off it drop
> back to 60 than slowly back to 52
> and i already have evga precision and im using it to watch the temps
> and second i cant control my fans speed , that option is not availabl
> for some reason

Here are a couple of programs
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nfo/
My old GeForce had it's own control panel for fan speed's an
overclocking but that was 8 years ag

PcGAmeR22

so this thing allows me to control the fan spee
awesome

PcGAmeR22

and please one more thing
just wanna ask u what are the safe overclock limits for my gpu
the default setting is
core clock 71
shader clock 180
memory clock 51

Brave Burger

yukonron wrote:
> PcGAmeR22;1314720 Wrote:
>> is 80 degrees Cecilius safe for my 9400 gt
>> i play games and temps sometimes go up to 80

> Yeah that's 176 degrees fahrenheit, meat cooks at 160, water boils at
> 212. You really should look at a high performance fan or keep a fire
> extinguisher handy.

No we are talking degrees Cecilius here, a rare and secret
measuring scale that can not be discussed here in public ;o)

Vista driver for Inspiron 9400 Sedan Dell 9 11-25-2006 08:35 PM
Inspiron 9400 TOOBIB Dell 3 03-25-2006 04:14 PM
Dll 9400 Umts Card Slot Bernhard Ecke Dell 0 03-06-2006 05:05 AM
Question: Inspiron 9400 (CPU, Display, LCD question, upgradeability...) Ammar Dell 1 03-05-2006 04:16 AM
Intel/Microsoft USB power bug in Duo Core - 9400 shipping? unfrostedpoptart Dell 1 01-30-2006 05:59 PM