9600se running poorly...

I just bought a 9600SE card to replace a Diamond Fire. I was expecting a
pretty big jump in performance, given how old the fire is. Inseatd there
has been a drop. Frame rates in the few games I have has been cut at
least in half. I can no longer watch DVDs (Power DVD the program I had
been using won't work at all, and the ATI DVD plyer that came with the
card locks up the whole system after a few minputes playing and has to
be restarted.
I am extremely dissapointed and frustrated by this, I have uninstalled
and reinstalled it several times, downloaded the latest drivers, updated
drivers in the rest of my system, and still it basically works like crap.
I have an AMD 1.3 with over 1 gig of ram. I should think it would be
roaring, but instead...
Really really frustrated

We Live For The One We Die For The One

Its a crap card you got what you paid for, should have got a 9600 Pro
atleast.

My 9600 Pro rocks.

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 03:12:30 GMT, s <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I just bought a 9600SE card to replace a Diamond Fire. I was expecting a
>pretty big jump in performance, given how old the fire is. Inseatd there
>has been a drop. Frame rates in the few games I have has been cut at
>least in half. I can no longer watch DVDs (Power DVD the program I had
>been using won't work at all, and the ATI DVD plyer that came with the
>card locks up the whole system after a few minputes playing and has to
>be restarted.
> I am extremely dissapointed and frustrated by this, I have uninstalled
>and reinstalled it several times, downloaded the latest drivers, updated
>drivers in the rest of my system, and still it basically works like crap.
> I have an AMD 1.3 with over 1 gig of ram. I should think it would be
>roaring, but instead...
> Really really frustrated

We Live For The One We Die For The One

Also you only have a 1.3 ghz cpu what the hell do you expect ?, that
CPU should have a GF2 installed on it.

Upgrade to a Xp 2400 and a Radeon 9600 Pro and you will wet yourself
and be very happy.

Atleast upgrade your CPu to the max your board can go hopfully atleast
XP 2400 2 ghz, 2800 333 if your REALY lucky.

Bye.

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 03:12:30 GMT, s <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I just bought a 9600SE card to replace a Diamond Fire. I was expecting a
>pretty big jump in performance, given how old the fire is. Inseatd there
>has been a drop. Frame rates in the few games I have has been cut at
>least in half. I can no longer watch DVDs (Power DVD the program I had
>been using won't work at all, and the ATI DVD plyer that came with the
>card locks up the whole system after a few minputes playing and has to
>be restarted.
> I am extremely dissapointed and frustrated by this, I have uninstalled
>and reinstalled it several times, downloaded the latest drivers, updated
>drivers in the rest of my system, and still it basically works like crap.
> I have an AMD 1.3 with over 1 gig of ram. I should think it would be
>roaring, but instead...
> Really really frustrated

Kent_Diego

Check http://rage3d.com forums and old driver cleaner tools for help.

This is common problem associated with old driver reminants.

-Kent

Jesus, is everybody on this newsgroup an idiot?
What did I expect? I expected a brand new video card to perform better
than one that was 6 years old. I expected that I would not have to pay
500.00 for a card that would give me frame rates in the double digits. I
expected that I would not have to buy a brand new state of the art
computer for 2 grand so that I could watch a DVD without it locking up
every 3 minutes. Somehow I don't think my expectations are all that high...

We Live For The One We Die For The One wrote:
> Also you only have a 1.3 ghz cpu what the hell do you expect ?, that
> CPU should have a GF2 installed on it.
>
> Upgrade to a Xp 2400 and a Radeon 9600 Pro and you will wet yourself
> and be very happy.
>
> Atleast upgrade your CPu to the max your board can go hopfully atleast
> XP 2400 2 ghz, 2800 333 if your REALY lucky.
>
> Bye.
>

> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 03:12:30 GMT, s <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I just bought a 9600SE card to replace a Diamond Fire. I was expecting a
>>pretty big jump in performance, given how old the fire is. Inseatd there
>>has been a drop. Frame rates in the few games I have has been cut at
>>least in half. I can no longer watch DVDs (Power DVD the program I had
>>been using won't work at all, and the ATI DVD plyer that came with the
>>card locks up the whole system after a few minputes playing and has to
>>be restarted.
>> I am extremely dissapointed and frustrated by this, I have uninstalled
>>and reinstalled it several times, downloaded the latest drivers, updated
>>drivers in the rest of my system, and still it basically works like crap.
>> I have an AMD 1.3 with over 1 gig of ram. I should think it would be
>>roaring, but instead...
>> Really really frustrated

Thank you, at least someone here can just give an answer without
insulting me like a petulant twelve year old =)

Kent_Diego wrote:

> Check http://rage3d.com forums and old driver cleaner tools for help.
>
> This is common problem associated with old driver reminants.
>
> -Kent

Thomas

s wrote:
> Thank you, at least someone here can just give an answer without
> insulting me like a petulant twelve year old =)
>
> Kent_Diego wrote:
>
>> Check http://rage3d.com forums and old driver cleaner tools for help.
>>
>> This is common problem associated with old driver reminants.

You were insulted by one guy, i think, and he's not one with a reputation to
give many supportive answers, i believe ;-)
Always a risk, when posting in a newsgroup ;-)

As for your system, it's not the fastest around, and the same can be said
about your vid card, but indeed, OF COURSE it should be alot faster than
your Fire, and at the least play DVD's well. You're probably with either a
corrupt system, or you have to update your mainboard drivers... And DirectX
9.0 maybe?

Well, i've said before, if i have problems after upgrading, i always
reinstall Windows... It's a bit troublesome, of course, but i am a mess at
keeping my windows clean, so for me it's a good thing to format the C drive
from time to time anyway ;-)

Thomas

Darthy

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:03:35 GMT, s <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Jesus, is everybody on this newsgroup an idiot?
>What did I expect? I expected a brand new video card to perform better
>than one that was 6 years old. I expected that I would not have to pay
>500.00 for a card that would give me frame rates in the double digits. I
>expected that I would not have to buy a brand new state of the art
>computer for 2 grand so that I could watch a DVD without it locking up
>every 3 minutes. Somehow I don't think my expectations are all that high...

1 - not everyone here is an idiot.

2 - A driver conflict can cause a NEW card, ATI or other to not work
correctly.

3 - OS can play a role.

4 - The 9600se is a crap card, but should be faster than what you had.

5 - You don't need a $500 video card, most $175~200 video cards will
play games just fine. 9600Pro/XT

6 - You don't need a $2000 computer... some $2000 computers play games
like ****.

A $300 upgrade for your CPU/RAM and motherboard would help.

$100 = AMD XP2500 CPU
$60 = ASUS KT600 motherboard (www.newegg.com)
$80 = 512mb DDR RAM
=====================
$240

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Tim

"s" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> Jesus, is everybody on this newsgroup an idiot?

No, but anyone who seems vulnerable always attracts them. Plenty of
knowledgeable people here though, but they usually have lives so they're
seldom the first to respond. Don't dismiss web forums though, like the ones
at http://www.rage3d.com. Being moderated the troll factor is quite a bit
lower.

Dunny Rummy

Good advise darthy! I should know. I had a 9600se but wasn't happy
with it so I exchanged it for a 9600XT(Darthy's advise). Now I'm
happier than a kitten with warm milk(i.e. till I can afford a 9800 PRO
and upgrade my core)!
----------------------
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Athlon XP, 1533 MHz
nVIDIA nForce2 SPP
768 MB (DDR SDRAM)
ATI Radeon 9600XT (RV350)
----------------------
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 12:37:05 GMT, Darthy
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:03:35 GMT, s <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Jesus, is everybody on this newsgroup an idiot?
>>What did I expect? I expected a brand new video card to perform better
>>than one that was 6 years old. I expected that I would not have to pay
>>500.00 for a card that would give me frame rates in the double digits. I
>>expected that I would not have to buy a brand new state of the art
>>computer for 2 grand so that I could watch a DVD without it locking up
>>every 3 minutes. Somehow I don't think my expectations are all that high...

>1 - not everyone here is an idiot.
>
>2 - A driver conflict can cause a NEW card, ATI or other to not work
>correctly.
>
>3 - OS can play a role.
>
>4 - The 9600se is a crap card, but should be faster than what you had.
>
>5 - You don't need a $500 video card, most $175~200 video cards will
>play games just fine. 9600Pro/XT
>
>6 - You don't need a $2000 computer... some $2000 computers play games
>like ****.
>

>A $300 upgrade for your CPU/RAM and motherboard would help.
>
>$100 = AMD XP2500 CPU
>$60 = ASUS KT600 motherboard (www.newegg.com)
>$80 = 512mb DDR RAM
>$240

IC7-G MAXII and Sapphire RADEON 9600SE Atlantis... Flemming Hansen Abit 6 03-20-2005 12:37 PM
ATI Radeon 9600SE Driver install Peter M. Hill Asus 7 01-04-2005 11:46 PM
9600SE vs 9500PRO jim fallon Asus 51 06-08-2004 12:19 AM
CUSL2 + ATI 9600se = no video HELP!! Jerome P. Yoner Asus 3 06-07-2004 10:27 PM
P4P800Deluxe and radeon 9600SE Rob W. Asus 1 02-23-2004 05:51 PM