9NDA3+ wont boot with ATI card

Junior Member

Hi, Ive recently got an EpoX 9NDA3+ and a San Diego 3700

When I tried to set it up it wouldnt work at all, I narrowed it down to my ATI x850pro - when I tried with an old GF4600 it boots ok, my power supply should be more than ok, its a Hiper 580W Type-R http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/98564

but the x850 works if I use it in my old motherboard, I just cannot get it to work with the Epox board

I took everything out of the board, (took the board out of the case) and had just the graphics card and psu in there but it was the same nothing at all on the monitor with the ATI card but with the old GF card it boots ok.

Only difference I can see is that the ATI card has a 4 pin molex power connector, so I assume it requires a bit extra power, but im sure my psu is upto it and it works ok with my old board.

anybody know of any issues like this?