A7N8X-E Deluxe and SATA RAID 0 not working!!!

Junior Member

OK, here is tough problem. I would love to see if someone knew the anweser to this. I just got this board from my buddy, he has never had it set up with RAID.

I have two identical 250GB Maxtor hard drives that show up in the BIOS. I have the RAID array created and set for Striping. I left the settings on default. The total space shows up in this RAID screen, 470GB.

But when I do a clean install of Windows XP, after hitting F8 to agree to the license agreement, it Windows sees two hard drives, and not the 1 giant drive it should. It's almost like the RAID 0 setup hasn't been applied or something, but it's there, and it shows up in the RAID software setup menu. I tested mirroring, and that worked. But not striping. I have no clue what to do. Both hard drives are SATA 2 if that makes a difference. I'm totally lost here.

Please reply by email if you can... (E-Mail Removed) thanks so much for your help.

Not to mention though, now my AMD 2500 Mobile shows up as a 1Ghz CPU now, but I wont worry about that.