A7N8X-E Deluxe Wifi Module

JJ

Hi,

Has anyone used the WiFi module with this mainboard? I found a card
at New Egg from Asus here:

Has anyone used this module or know where one can be purchased. I see
a description on the Asus site here:
http://www.asus.com/products/mb/mb_accessories.htm

but I don't see a way or place to purchase it.

Is it easy to set up and does it work?

Thanks

Joe

Yojimbo

I installed my Asus WiFi but I haven't used it yet, but I will in time
(evolving PC situation). I bought it when I bought the mobo at www.ncix.com
in BC here in Canada. I was planning to ask around, so far no luck, on the
old style game port interface on the board. I did find the Creative Audigy
has a similar plug-to-back-plate thing but it's just that much a non-fit,
proprietary size I'd guess. Setup was easy but since I haven't proved it
yet...

"JJ" <calguy999$@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone used the WiFi module with this mainboard? I found a card
> at New Egg from Asus here:
>
> Has anyone used this module or know where one can be purchased. I see
> a description on the Asus site here:
> http://www.asus.com/products/mb/mb_accessories.htm
>
> but I don't see a way or place to purchase it.
>
> Is it easy to set up and does it work?
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe

Chong Woo Paig

JJ a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone used the WiFi module with this mainboard? I found a card
> at New Egg from Asus here:
>
> Has anyone used this module or know where one can be purchased. I see
> a description on the Asus site here:
> http://www.asus.com/products/mb/mb_accessories.htm
>
> but I don't see a way or place to purchase it.
>
> Is it easy to set up and does it work?
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe

As I can see on their site, the dedicated port on the mainboard accepts
only a 802.11b module, the 802.11g module being a PCI card.

Thus you can use any PCI WiFi card on the A7N8X-E Deluxe. I'm using a
Linksys WMP54G, and it runs perfectly fine.