A7V pcb 1.02, BIOS 1008

Surinder Sharma

Lately on boot-up Windows ME displays the message "Memory access violated
in module kernel32 at 2576:27494763 (this number keeps varying)".
Immediately afterwards this message, the anti virus software that is
launched at boot-up, stops and its icon disappears from tray (located at the
bottom right corner of the Monitor).
I am also unable to enter BIOS at boot-up. Upon pressing the delete key
during memory check at boot-up, black screen is displayed with cursor
blinking at upper right corner. Hard disk activity can be seen through
varying intensity of its red signal light. My purpose of entering the BIOS
is to check the memory settings. I also like to install a DVD burner, after
checking RAID settings. But I can not enter the BIOS.
Any suggestion what is ABOVE due to?

Thanks in advance for any help .

Here is my system:

MB: ASUS A7V pcb ver 1.02
BIOS: 1008
CPU: Thunderbird 750 with 100fsb
OS: Windows ME
Video: Cougar NVIDIA TNT 32 Mag
HDs: 30 Gig and 60 Gig both 7200rpm installed as
primary master and primary slave.
CD ROM & CD Burner: Sec Master & Sec Slave.
Sound: SB Live [1400]

Bob Petruska

Here's a great site for A7V troubleshooting with a super forum.....

http://www.a7vtroubleshooting.com/

They may be able to help!

"Surinder Sharma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cXOJb.125992$(E-Mail Removed) t.cable.rogers.com...
> Lately on boot-up Windows ME displays the message "Memory access violated
> in module kernel32 at 2576:27494763 (this number keeps varying)".
> Immediately afterwards this message, the anti virus software that is
> launched at boot-up, stops and its icon disappears from tray (located at

the
> bottom right corner of the Monitor).
> I am also unable to enter BIOS at boot-up. Upon pressing the delete

key
> during memory check at boot-up, black screen is displayed with cursor
> blinking at upper right corner. Hard disk activity can be seen through
> varying intensity of its red signal light. My purpose of entering the BIOS
> is to check the memory settings. I also like to install a DVD burner,

after
> checking RAID settings. But I can not enter the BIOS.
> Any suggestion what is ABOVE due to?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help .
>
> Here is my system:
>
> MB: ASUS A7V pcb ver 1.02
> BIOS: 1008
> CPU: Thunderbird 750 with 100fsb
> OS: Windows ME
> Video: Cougar NVIDIA TNT 32 Mag
> HDs: 30 Gig and 60 Gig both 7200rpm installed as
> primary master and primary slave.
> CD ROM & CD Burner: Sec Master & Sec Slave.
> Sound: SB Live [1400]

Surinder Sharma

Reposted