A7V600/SATA hard drives/problems

Vince

I just reciently upgraded from a 16G UDMA/33 hard drive to a pair of 80G
SATA-150 hard drives. Although the new drives are recognized by the BIOS,
my computer won't boot from them. Then there is the minor annoyance that
my HD LED only works the the PATA drives.

Has anyone else had these problems?

This is my system:
A7V600 BIOS ver. 1008
AMD XP 2000+
1G PC3200 RAM
2 Seagate Barracuda SATA 7200rpm 80GB drives model ST380013AS
IBM Deskstar DTTA-351680 16G PATA
Seagate ST34321A 4G PATA
PATA DVD ROM
PATA CDRW drive

TIA

--
73 de Vince (N7YVL)
E Pluribus Linux

old man

You need to read the mobo manual as to how to install/setup sata drives in
your version of win.
It may involve the F6 option to install sata drives from floppy during
installation/ or repair of win.
May be a specific bios setting, and also a raid bios setting
If these drives are to be primary o/s drives you may care to disconnect your
extra drives, including the DVD when you set up, in order that drive letters
are not all over the place.

news(E-Mail Removed)...