A7V8X-X noise

Oscar Gonzalez

I have a ASUS A7V8X-X with a XP 2400+ processor and a ASUS Video Card
(nVidia FX 5200).

I have some problems of noise. Ths first one is ths noise that I cn hear
from the speakers and headphones. Everything I do generates a sound throu
the speakers... moving the mouse, hard disk access, moving and resizing a
window... everything. I know that the sound system on the mother board is
not perfect, but... is it so bad??? :-(

The second sound problem comes from the mother board... or de video card...
I supose. When I resize or move a window (Windows XP) and also when I do
scrolling, I can hear a small sound in the mother board, even with the
computer case closed. The sound comes from the mother board or the video
card. I unpluged the case speaker to be sure.

I dont know what to do :-(
Can anybody help me?

Oscar Gonzalez. (Thanks for all)

Egil Solberg

"Oscar Gonzalez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_5bvb.1247139$(E-Mail Removed) s...
> I have a ASUS A7V8X-X with a XP 2400+ processor and a ASUS Video Card
> (nVidia FX 5200).
>
> I have some problems of noise. Ths first one is ths noise that I cn hear
> from the speakers and headphones. Everything I do generates a sound throu
> the speakers... moving the mouse, hard disk access, moving and resizing a
> window... everything. I know that the sound system on the mother board is
> not perfect, but... is it so bad??? :-(

Try muting any inputs you can find. See my post for the A7N8X mobo above.

> The second sound problem comes from the mother board... or de video

card...
> I supose. When I resize or move a window (Windows XP) and also when I do
> scrolling, I can hear a small sound in the mother board, even with the
> computer case closed. The sound comes from the mother board or the video
> card. I unpluged the case speaker to be sure.

I once bought a cheap Q-tec PSU, and got these noises you describe. Found
out that they came from the PSU itself, which was of poor quality. Could
this be the case?
I changed PSU and sounds disappeared.

larry

I have the same motherboard and muting the "phone" in volume control fixed
the same problem when I had it
"Egil Solberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpjii2$1php8h$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> "Oscar Gonzalez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:_5bvb.1247139$(E-Mail Removed) s...
> > I have a ASUS A7V8X-X with a XP 2400+ processor and a ASUS Video Card
> > (nVidia FX 5200).
> >
> > I have some problems of noise. Ths first one is ths noise that I cn hear
> > from the speakers and headphones. Everything I do generates a sound

throu
> > the speakers... moving the mouse, hard disk access, moving and resizing

> > window... everything. I know that the sound system on the mother board

is
> > not perfect, but... is it so bad??? :-(
> >

> Try muting any inputs you can find. See my post for the A7N8X mobo above.
>

> > The second sound problem comes from the mother board... or de video

> card...
> > I supose. When I resize or move a window (Windows XP) and also when I do
> > scrolling, I can hear a small sound in the mother board, even with the
> > computer case closed. The sound comes from the mother board or the video
> > card. I unpluged the case speaker to be sure.

> I once bought a cheap Q-tec PSU, and got these noises you describe. Found
> out that they came from the PSU itself, which was of poor quality. Could
> this be the case?
> I changed PSU and sounds disappeared.

Ben Pope

Egil Solberg wrote:
> I once bought a cheap Q-tec PSU, and got these noises you describe.
> Found out that they came from the PSU itself, which was of poor
> quality. Could this be the case?
> I changed PSU and sounds disappeared.

Interesting... I Have a Q-Tec Dual Fan 550W, they are over rated but pretty
cheap. I think they admitted that the rating is for the peak current, not
the continuous current. Anyway, it's plenty enough for my system.

I haven't noticed any noise from it or caused by it though (apart from the
fans, obviosuly :-) which I have replaced)...

In fact my SoundStorm has been pretty good... there is some background noise
but only at amp levels that would do damage to my ears and speakers should I
actually attempt to produce any sound from it. It's not linked to mouse
movement, scrolling or anything else... it's just the usual background
noise.

Digitised input produces quite a bit of background noise (from an analogue
source), as does mic boost. None of my analogue inputs are loaded which
might not help. (For example, unloaded inputs on my Audio amp (Cambridge
Audio A500) pick up cross-talk from active inputs at maybe -40dB or so, but
when loaded (connected) they do not (well if they do it's probably less
than -80dB - it's hidden in the 50Hz hum))

Ben

Egil Solberg

"Ben Pope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpkqae$1pounj$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> Interesting... I Have a Q-Tec Dual Fan 550W, they are over rated but

pretty
> cheap. I think they admitted that the rating is for the peak current, not
> the continuous current. Anyway, it's plenty enough for my system.
>
> I haven't noticed any noise from it or caused by it though (apart from the
> fans, obviosuly :-) which I have replaced)...

Yep, I have that same 550W unit in my closet.
It was thrown into the closet after my CDRW could not start (could not be
seen by BIOS) after I had made some changes in my machine.
Tried every trick. Just before I was about RMAing my drive, I took the drive
to my neighbor to see whether it could be recognized in his machine. It
could.
It was so strange......

Ben Pope

Egil Solberg wrote:
> "Ben Pope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bpkqae$1pounj$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>
>> Interesting... I Have a Q-Tec Dual Fan 550W, they are over rated but
>> pretty cheap. I think they admitted that the rating is for the peak
>> current, not the continuous current. Anyway, it's plenty enough for
>> my system.
>>
>> I haven't noticed any noise from it or caused by it though (apart
>> from the fans, obviosuly :-) which I have replaced)...

> Yep, I have that same 550W unit in my closet.
> It was thrown into the closet after my CDRW could not start (could
> not be seen by BIOS) after I had made some changes in my machine.
> Tried every trick. Just before I was about RMAing my drive, I took
> the drive to my neighbor to see whether it could be recognized in his
> machine. It could.
> It was so strange......

Changing your PSU fixed that?

Ben

Egil Solberg

"Ben Pope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpl2cp$1qgfd9$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> Changing your PSU fixed that?

Going back to my old Fortron 300W solved all.

Ben Pope

Egil Solberg wrote:
> "Ben Pope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bpl2cp$1qgfd9$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>
>> Changing your PSU fixed that?

> Going back to my old Fortron 300W solved all.

How very strange. Perhaps it's faulty.

Ben