A8N-SLI Deluxe ver. 2?

Keith

When will ASUS release an updated version of the A8N-SLI Deluxe? I want to
buy this board, but I don't want to buy one then a newer version comes out a
month later.

Thanks

John Lewis

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:56:49 -0400, "Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>When will ASUS release an updated version of the A8N-SLI Deluxe? I want to
>buy this board, but I don't want to buy one then a newer version comes out a
>month later.

The A8N-SLI Premium is the real replacement for the Deluxe. I doubt
if you will ever see an updated A8N-SLI Deluxe.

On the Premium, the SLI (flimsy junk) daughter-card is gone -
replaced by a software-switch, plus the chip-set is cooled with a
heat-pipe instead of a fan. Available at Newegg.com.

John Lewis

milleron

wrote:

>When will ASUS release an updated version of the A8N-SLI Deluxe? I want to
>buy this board, but I don't want to buy one then a newer version comes out a
>month later.
>
>Thanks

I don't know. Nobody knows for sure. The only way you're going to
get the answer to that question is if an Asus employee leaks it. Not
likely.
If you like the board, get it. It doesn't have any significant
problems to correct except for the chipset fan, and that's already
been addressed. Asus doesn't usually make major revisions to a board.
They just bring out a new model. However, you might choose to
consider the A8N-SLI Premium to be the next revision of the A8N-SLI
Deluxe, and it's already available! IMVHO, one shouldn't get an
A8N-SLI Deluxe if he can possibly afford the extra $25 for the A8N-SLI
Premium.

Ron

Ken'

"milleron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:56:49 -0400, "Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>When will ASUS release an updated version of the A8N-SLI Deluxe? I want to
>>buy this board, but I don't want to buy one then a newer version comes out
>>month later.
>>
>>Thanks
>>

> I don't know. Nobody knows for sure. The only way you're going to
> get the answer to that question is if an Asus employee leaks it. Not
> likely.
> If you like the board, get it. It doesn't have any significant
> problems to correct except for the chipset fan, and that's already
> been addressed. Asus doesn't usually make major revisions to a board.
> They just bring out a new model. However, you might choose to
> consider the A8N-SLI Premium to be the next revision of the A8N-SLI
> Deluxe, and it's already available! IMVHO, one shouldn't get an
> A8N-SLI Deluxe if he can possibly afford the extra $25 for the A8N-SLI
> Premium.
>
> Ron

Ron
Do you think that Asus will ever update the A8N-E to the premium version
with the heat pipe?
I do like the A8N SLI premium, but I don't need the SLI part.
Thanks
Ken'

Keith

Thanks for the responses. I don't need the SLI either, but I like some of
the other features of the SLI board (FireWire, etc.)
"Ken'" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "milleron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:56:49 -0400, "Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>When will ASUS release an updated version of the A8N-SLI Deluxe? I want
>>>buy this board, but I don't want to buy one then a newer version comes
>>>out a
>>>month later.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>

>> I don't know. Nobody knows for sure. The only way you're going to
>> get the answer to that question is if an Asus employee leaks it. Not
>> likely.
>> If you like the board, get it. It doesn't have any significant
>> problems to correct except for the chipset fan, and that's already
>> been addressed. Asus doesn't usually make major revisions to a board.
>> They just bring out a new model. However, you might choose to
>> consider the A8N-SLI Premium to be the next revision of the A8N-SLI
>> Deluxe, and it's already available! IMVHO, one shouldn't get an
>> A8N-SLI Deluxe if he can possibly afford the extra $25 for the A8N-SLI
>> Premium.
>>
>> Ron

> Ron
> Do you think that Asus will ever update the A8N-E to the premium version
> with the heat pipe?
> I do like the A8N SLI premium, but I don't need the SLI part.
> Thanks
> Ken'

milleron

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:43:46 -0400, "Ken'" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"milleron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:56:49 -0400, "Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>When will ASUS release an updated version of the A8N-SLI Deluxe? I want to
>>>buy this board, but I don't want to buy one then a newer version comes out
>>>month later.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>

>> I don't know. Nobody knows for sure. The only way you're going to
>> get the answer to that question is if an Asus employee leaks it. Not
>> likely.
>> If you like the board, get it. It doesn't have any significant
>> problems to correct except for the chipset fan, and that's already
>> been addressed. Asus doesn't usually make major revisions to a board.
>> They just bring out a new model. However, you might choose to
>> consider the A8N-SLI Premium to be the next revision of the A8N-SLI
>> Deluxe, and it's already available! IMVHO, one shouldn't get an
>> A8N-SLI Deluxe if he can possibly afford the extra $25 for the A8N-SLI
>> Premium.
>>
>> Ron

>Ron
>Do you think that Asus will ever update the A8N-E to the premium version
>with the heat pipe?
>I do like the A8N SLI premium, but I don't need the SLI part.
>Thanks
>Ken'

That's very possible, but no one knows. Of course, if you don't like
the fan, many users have reported excellent results from replacing the
fans on A8N-SLI-E and A8N-SLI Deluxe boards with very inexpensive
Zalman heat sinks. Judging by system stability, this mod seems to
give result as good as the heatpipe. If you do it before the
motherboard's installed, it's easy to do -- i.e., it's nothing that's
beyond the capabilities of a beginner.

Ron

milleron

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:53:30 -0400, "Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Thanks for the responses. I don't need the SLI either, but I like some of
>the other features of the SLI board (FireWire, etc.)

That was my thinking, too. I'm running my A8N-SLI Premium with a
single ATI X800XL.

>"Ken'" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "milleron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

snip
Ron