Motherboard Forums


Reply
 
 
ViP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-04-2004, 03:09 PM
I just bought that new board and I get nothing when I switch it on? I have a
geforce pcx5900 pci-e gfx card and 450 psu both 18 and 4 pin connected
aswell as 512 ram, any help will be appreciated. Thanks.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Paul Calvert
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-06-2004, 04:56 PM
When you say nothing, no sound - beeps - or anything on the LED display on
the bottom corner of the mth board ?

I would say that if this is the case and the power is connected, you either
have a duff mother board or PSU
"ViP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4139d974$0$22755$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just bought that new board and I get nothing when I switch it on? I have
>a
> geforce pcx5900 pci-e gfx card and 450 psu both 18 and 4 pin connected
> aswell as 512 ram, any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
ViP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-06-2004, 10:43 PM
Hi paul, I think ive put the wrong ram in, I put ecc ram which ive been told
its wrong, would that stop it booting.




"Paul Calvert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KE0%c.567$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When you say nothing, no sound - beeps - or anything on the LED display on
> the bottom corner of the mth board ?
>
> I would say that if this is the case and the power is connected, you

either
> have a duff mother board or PSU
> "ViP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4139d974$0$22755$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I just bought that new board and I get nothing when I switch it on? I

have
> >a
> > geforce pcx5900 pci-e gfx card and 450 psu both 18 and 4 pin connected
> > aswell as 512 ram, any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
> >
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
John Smith
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-11-2004, 04:04 PM
Hi ,

Im having the same problem - my machine turns on but doesnt boot - I
have bought ECC RAM for my AA8-DuraMAX as well

Can someone tell me if this is the reason why it wont boot up??

Ive tried ABIT tech support but they have yet to reply.
Heres my original post to the newsgroup ..


Hi,

I recently bought a new AA8-DuraMAX motherboard ...
http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/uk/moth...&fMTYPE=LGA775

Unfortunately I failed to notice that it supports :
240-pin DIMM sockets (Un-buffered Non-ECC DIMM)

And I bought 240pin - DDR2 ECC memory

My system will not boot up - and the digital readout on the motherboard
reads E3 -

My question is - does the AA8-DuraMAX work with ECC memory ?
And if not - if I buy a Un-buffered Non-ECC DIMM - will that solve my
problem ?

Can someone get back to me ASAP - I need to have this new machine
working as soon as possible !!!!

Thanks for your help,



Cheers,

Matt





ViP wrote:
> Hi paul, I think ive put the wrong ram in, I put ecc ram which ive been told
> its wrong, would that stop it booting.
>
>
>
>
> "Paul Calvert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:KE0%c.567$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>When you say nothing, no sound - beeps - or anything on the LED display on
>>the bottom corner of the mth board ?
>>
>>I would say that if this is the case and the power is connected, you

>
> either
>
>>have a duff mother board or PSU
>>"ViP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:4139d974$0$22755$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>
>>>I just bought that new board and I get nothing when I switch it on? I

>
> have
>
>>>a
>>>geforce pcx5900 pci-e gfx card and 450 psu both 18 and 4 pin connected
>>>aswell as 512 ram, any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment