AB9 Problems - PLEASE HELP!!!

chris07

So I purchased an ABIT AB9 motherboard and installed it into a
computer, I know what i'm doing and for the first 6 weeks everything
worked fine. Now everytime the computer falls asleep or is shut off it
will not power back on, all the lights turn on just like it's running,
but nothing shows on the screen. I can get the computer back on by
powering it off and resetting the CMOS jumper but this is obviously
not a long term solution. Has anyone else had this issue? Let me know,
thanks. - Chris

RobV

chris07 wrote:
> So I purchased an ABIT AB9 motherboard and installed it into a
> computer, I know what i'm doing and for the first 6 weeks everything
> worked fine. Now everytime the computer falls asleep or is shut off it
> will not power back on, all the lights turn on just like it's running,
> but nothing shows on the screen. I can get the computer back on by
> powering it off and resetting the CMOS jumper but this is obviously
> not a long term solution. Has anyone else had this issue? Let me know,
> thanks. - Chris

Could be a power supply problem. What brand and wattage PSU are you
using? A listing of the other components in the system would help as
well.

chris07

On Jul 16, 1:31*pm, "RobV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> chris07 wrote:
> > So I purchased an ABIT AB9 motherboard and installed it into a
> > computer, I know what i'm doing and for the first 6 weeks everything
> > worked fine. Now everytime the computer falls asleep or is shut off it
> > will not power back on, all the lights turn on just like it's running,
> > but nothing shows on the screen. I can get the computer back on by
> > powering it off and resetting the CMOS jumper but this is obviously
> > not a long term solution. Has anyone else had this issue? Let me know,
> > thanks. *- Chris

> Could be a power supply problem. *What brand and wattage PSU are you
> using? *A listing of the other components in the system would help as
> well.

It is a 500 Watt power supply, I'm guessing the brand is Raidmax, it
came with the case I ordered.
The CPU is an Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4GHz LGA 775 65W.
Motherboard is of course an ABIT AB9 Pro LGA 775 motherboard.
And it is running off of 3 GB of CORSAIR 240-Pin DDR2 800 - PC2 6400
RAM.

I built it and it worked great for about a month straight (granted I
only used it for a couple hours each day after work and I never let it
go into sleep mode) but then all of a sudden it has this problem of
not wanting to come out of sleep mode. Does this sound like a power
supply issue? Wouldnt the wrong power supply either not run the PC or
blow up the motherboard?

RobV

chris07 wrote:
> On Jul 16, 1:31 pm, "RobV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> chris07 wrote:
>>> So I purchased an ABIT AB9 motherboard and installed it into a
>>> computer, I know what i'm doing and for the first 6 weeks everything
>>> worked fine. Now everytime the computer falls asleep or is shut off
>>> it will not power back on, all the lights turn on just like it's
>>> running, but nothing shows on the screen. I can get the computer
>>> back on by powering it off and resetting the CMOS jumper but this
>>> is obviously not a long term solution. Has anyone else had this
>>> issue? Let me know, thanks. - Chris

>> Could be a power supply problem. What brand and wattage PSU are you
>> using? A listing of the other components in the system would help as
>> well.

> It is a 500 Watt power supply, I'm guessing the brand is Raidmax, it
> came with the case I ordered.
> The CPU is an Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4GHz LGA 775 65W.
> Motherboard is of course an ABIT AB9 Pro LGA 775 motherboard.
> And it is running off of 3 GB of CORSAIR 240-Pin DDR2 800 - PC2 6400
> RAM.
>
> I built it and it worked great for about a month straight (granted I
> only used it for a couple hours each day after work and I never let it
> go into sleep mode) but then all of a sudden it has this problem of
> not wanting to come out of sleep mode. Does this sound like a power
> supply issue? Wouldnt the wrong power supply either not run the PC or
> blow up the motherboard?

The power supply may be supplying the correct voltages, or it may not
be. Get a multimeter and measure the voltages at the ATX connector.
The +5 V, +12 V and +3.3 V should be within 5% of the voltage.

It sounds as if you have a generic branded PSU and they generally will
not supply the voltage at the current listed, but even at reduced
current it should be enough, unless the PSU has some defect, whhich is
possible.

No, a bad PSU does not generally "blow up the MB", or do anything else
spectacular. Usually, the system will not work at all, or it will
manifest as odd problems, such as yours.

It's a good idea to have a good quality PSU available as a spare, as
this is the most frequent item to fail.

Junior Member

I have the same problem...anyone help me......

Junior Member

maybe it's the power supply?
did you check it?

Junior Member

i have the same motherboard and got a weird problem also...
i have just upgraded my system with a Gtx 260... ever since my motherboard is acting weird...
i does boot windows always says that it cant read the disk ( i have tried other hard disks so HDD is not the problem).. i have flashed the bios by changin the jumpers... also no luck from there...
oh yeah also everytime i go on the bios options and change something and save the bios freezes and no way to get out of there without unplugging the power supply...
any of you guys have any idea what may be wrong with it?

Last edited by Lennon; 10-08-2008 at 01:34 AM..

AB9 Pro DDR2 Problems Glenn Abit 2 09-09-2007 03:02 AM
AB9 Pro Boot Issues ben.tan@bendigoit.com.au Abit 1 02-21-2007 06:34 PM
AB9 Pro & Intel RAID... Evert Abit 0 01-15-2007 08:08 AM
'fail safe' after bios flash - Abit AB9 PRO Michael Ingeman-Nielsen Abit 8 12-22-2006 09:24 PM
New AB9 Pro hangs with code 2A and won't boot into BIOS John Cole Abit 2 12-19-2006 04:44 PM