AB9 Quad GT Boot From IDE DVD does not work with Raid

undecided

Tried bios 1.1 b06 and 1.3 Final. Set priority to BenQ DVD 1st and
Hard Drive 2nd. When I disabled the JMicron controller and plugged in
a SATA DVD the DVD booted fine. So, those "fixes" for the raid-related
boot problem don't work for everyone.

Richard Hopkins

"undecided" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message...
> Tried bios 1.1 b06 and 1.3 Final. Set priority to BenQ DVD 1st and
> Hard Drive 2nd. When I disabled the JMicron controller and plugged
> in a SATA DVD the DVD booted fine. So, those "fixes" for the
> raid-related boot problem don't work for everyone.

The fix for the RAID-related boot problem *does* work for everyone. However,
the "fix" concerned is not present in 1.1beta6, and while it is in 1.3, the
"problem" that this is a solution for is not the same as the one mentioned
in your header. What you seem to be complaining about is something
completely different.

Can you start again from first principles, telling us exactly what you are
trying to do and how you have the hardware configured? At least then we'll
have something to work with.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

undecided

On May 13, 10:42 am, "Richard Hopkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "undecided" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message...
> > Tried bios 1.1 b06 and 1.3 Final. Set priority to BenQ DVD 1st and
> > Hard Drive 2nd. When I disabled the JMicron controller and plugged
> > in a SATA DVD the DVD booted fine. So, those "fixes" for the
> > raid-related boot problem don't work for everyone.

> The fix for the RAID-related boot problem *does* work for everyone. However,
> the "fix" concerned is not present in 1.1beta6, and while it is in 1.3, the
> "problem" that this is a solution for is not the same as the one mentioned
> in your header. What you seem to be complaining about is something
> completely different.
>
> Can you start again from first principles, telling us exactly what you are
> trying to do and how you have the hardware configured? At least then we'll
> have something to work with.
> --
>
> Richard Hopkins
> Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
> (replace nospam with pipex in reply address)
>
> The UK's leading technology resellerwww.dabs.com

OK, I have a BENQ Dvd+/-RW drive plugged into the IDE port of the
port. I have the JMicron Adapter set to IDE in the Bios. I have 2 SATA-
II drives plugged onto the board. I have the on-board controller set
to SATA in the bios. I created a RAID-0 array with those 2 drives in
the bios. In the boot priority, I gave 1st priority to the BenQ Drive
and 2nd priority to the Raid-0 array. Now, I'd like to install Vista
from the bootable DVD. I put the DVD in the BenQ, reboot and the board
is complaining that I have a bad System Disk (trying to read from the
unformatted Raid-0 array), or it just sits there with a message that
it's updating the DMI. It does not boot Vista from the DVD. When I did
use a SATA DVD-Drive and disabled the JMicron controller, the Vista
DVD booted fine. Is this enough info?

undecided

On May 13, 10:42 am, "Richard Hopkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "undecided" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message...
> > Tried bios 1.1 b06 and 1.3 Final. Set priority to BenQ DVD 1st and
> > Hard Drive 2nd. When I disabled the JMicron controller and plugged
> > in a SATA DVD the DVD booted fine. So, those "fixes" for the
> > raid-related boot problem don't work for everyone.

> The fix for the RAID-related boot problem *does* work for everyone. However,
> the "fix" concerned is not present in 1.1beta6, and while it is in 1.3, the
> "problem" that this is a solution for is not the same as the one mentioned
> in your header. What you seem to be complaining about is something
> completely different.
>
> Can you start again from first principles, telling us exactly what you are
> trying to do and how you have the hardware configured? At least then we'll
> have something to work with.
> --
>
> Richard Hopkins
> Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
> (replace nospam with pipex in reply address)
>
> The UK's leading technology resellerwww.dabs.com

BTW, I am using the 1.3 bios.

Abit AB9 QuadGT SATA optical with RAID? Sard Abit 2 07-15-2007 06:59 AM
AB9 Quad GT, DDR2 voltages undecided Abit 2 05-13-2007 03:13 PM
New AB9 Quad GT bios when? atodzia@cox.net Abit 5 03-12-2007 08:55 PM
AB9 Pro & Intel RAID... Evert Abit 0 01-15-2007 08:08 AM
New AB9 Pro hangs with code 2A and won't boot into BIOS John Cole Abit 2 12-19-2006 04:44 PM