Abit AN7 parallel port does not work.

Junior Member

Hello all,

Here is my story:

1.- I use my parallel port to connect an extarnal devide used to unlock cell phones. It uses a program that will only work with legacy ports (0378, 0278 , 03bc). About a week ago I made a mistake when connection the device and I think I shorted the LPT port, since that day the software will not communicate thru the parallel port anymore.

Windows does shows the LPT1 port under system devices, I also verified Bios and the LPT port is correctly setup.

My question is, is there something that I could check or replace in my Mobo to make the port work again?

Everything else works perfectly.

Thanks.

P.S. I cannot use a PCI to LPT card because the address assigned by windows are not legacy and can not be changed.