Abit BE6 Cold Boot Problems

catfish

My BE6 had been working great for years. Now having problems booting from
cold start. Will go through several steps of the Bios and stop, other times
it will go all the way and freeze. After several attemps an running scandisk
it will boot. I have tied different HD's nd video cards and continue to
experience the problems.
Any suggestions.

Thanks

TomG

check the capacitors on the board for failure. the problem could be easily
something else but this is just a starting place. let us know what the
results of your check are... see the links below:
--
ftp://geerynet.d2g.com/Bad%20Caps%20...ad%20caps1.jpg
ftp://geerynet.d2g.com/Bad%20Caps%20...133%20caps.jpg

--
Homie and BigBadger repair boards and have many happy
customers:

Homie (AKA Capman), in the US, at:

http://www.motherboardrepair.com/
(E-Mail Removed)

(look for posts from BigBadger if you're in the UK or try him at
Big_Badger@btinternet***NO-SPAM***.com with the obvious
spam protection removed...)

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
over 120,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"catfish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My BE6 had been working great for years. Now having problems booting from
> cold start. Will go through several steps of the Bios and stop, other

times
> it will go all the way and freeze. After several attemps an running

scandisk
> it will boot. I have tied different HD's nd video cards and continue to
> experience the problems.
> Any suggestions.
>
> Thanks

Homie

Have a look at my web page, glad to fix it for ya!

--
Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

http://motherboardrepair.com
(E-Mail Removed)