ABit BH6 - max CPU speed?

xppro

What is the maximum speed of slot 1 CPU that the ABit BH6 motherboard
will take?

I currently have a Celeron 600 installed in my BH6, overclocked to
900MHz, but I'd like to go for something faster if I could.

Thanks

Ørjan Langbakk

I news:(E-Mail Removed) skriblet xppro noe ala dette
> What is the maximum speed of slot 1 CPU that the ABit BH6 motherboard
> will take?
>
> I currently have a Celeron 600 installed in my BH6, overclocked to
> 900MHz, but I'd like to go for something faster if I could.

I don't think you'll be seeing any noticeable increase in performance even
if you upgraded to a Slot-T and a Tualatin 1.2-1.4 Ghz Celeron (if that's
even possible on the BH-6, I don't know).

I'd just stay with the Cel 600@900 (which is a good increase) if it's
stable, and perhaps install more memory if you haven't maxed it out
already.

Depending on what you use the box for, increasing memory will probably
give you a better boost than upping the CPU speed (at least in this case).

If performance is of concern, perhaps a new disk controller (ATA-100 or
S-ATA) and perhaps newer, faster disks will give you a boost too.

--
mvh/regards
ØNL

It's just a matter of style. You can't fake it!

PRIVATE1964

The fastest slot 1 made you can use is a 1Ghz P3, 100mhz bus or you can get a
powerleap adapter that will let you use faster Tualatin's.

When I had my BH6 I used a P3, 100 fsb slot 1 for a while. Thats the fastest
slot 1 cpu at a fsb of 100mhz. I then upgraded to a Powerleap PL-iP3/T 1.4 GHz
Intel Celeron which I had overclocked to around
1.568 Mhz.

If your BH6 is a newer revision then it might have a 1/4 divider for the pci
bus. Then you might be able to use 133fsb cpu's but your agp slot will run out
of spec at 89Mhz I believe. There are also no slot 1 cpu's at 133mhs fsb so you
would need to use a powerleap or a slotket.

TF

The Slot-T is the cheap alternative to a Powerleap. A Tualatin Cel. 1.4 is
the fastest cpu for the Slot-T.

"PRIVATE1964" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The fastest slot 1 made you can use is a 1Ghz P3, 100mhz bus or you can

get a
> powerleap adapter that will let you use faster Tualatin's.
>
> When I had my BH6 I used a P3, 100 fsb slot 1 for a while. Thats the

fastest
> slot 1 cpu at a fsb of 100mhz. I then upgraded to a Powerleap PL-iP3/T 1.4

GHz
> Intel Celeron which I had overclocked to around
> 1.568 Mhz.
>
> If your BH6 is a newer revision then it might have a 1/4 divider for the

pci
> bus. Then you might be able to use 133fsb cpu's but your agp slot will run

out
> of spec at 89Mhz I believe. There are also no slot 1 cpu's at 133mhs fsb

so you
> would need to use a powerleap or a slotket.

D & B

"There are also no slot 1 cpu's at 133mhs fsb so you
would need to use a powerleap or a slotket."

There are lots of Slot 1 133fsb cpu's...

"PRIVATE1964" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The fastest slot 1 made you can use is a 1Ghz P3, 100mhz bus or you can

get a
> powerleap adapter that will let you use faster Tualatin's.
>
> When I had my BH6 I used a P3, 100 fsb slot 1 for a while. Thats the

fastest
> slot 1 cpu at a fsb of 100mhz. I then upgraded to a Powerleap PL-iP3/T 1.4

GHz
> Intel Celeron which I had overclocked to around
> 1.568 Mhz.
>
> If your BH6 is a newer revision then it might have a 1/4 divider for the

pci
> bus. Then you might be able to use 133fsb cpu's but your agp slot will run

out
> of spec at 89Mhz I believe. There are also no slot 1 cpu's at 133mhs fsb

so you
> would need to use a powerleap or a slotket.

Spajky

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 03:07:27 GMT, "TF" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>The Slot-T is the cheap alternative to a Powerleap. A Tualatin Cel. 1.4 is
>the fastest cpu for the Slot-T.

even better 1.1A OC to 133fsb ...

taking care of additional cooling the mosfet voltage regulators too !!

>> If your BH6 is a newer revision then it might have a 1/4 divider for the

>pci
>> bus. Then you might be able to use 133fsb cpu's but your agp slot will run

>out
>> of spec at 89Mhz I believe.

if having a nVidia card, there is a fix on my site ...

-- Regards, SPAJKY
& visit site - http://www.spajky.vze.com
Celly-III OC-ed,"Tualatin on BX-Slot1-MoBo!"
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

xppro

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 02:01:05 +0200, "Ørjan Langbakk"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snip> Thanks for the info.

>I'd just stay with the Cel 600@900 (which is a good increase) if it's
>stable, and perhaps install more memory if you haven't maxed it out
>already.

Funny you should say that, as that's partly the reason I posted the
Bh6 1.0 max cpu Dan Abit 3 06-23-2004 07:33 AM
BH6 & Max Hard Drive size lorisarvendu Abit 5 01-23-2004 01:00 PM
Abit AB-BH6 Max Hard Drive? Al Franz Abit 5 01-11-2004 03:34 AM
MAX HD on BH6 SS Bergs Abit 6 11-25-2003 06:11 PM
Re: bh6 memory recognition max 64MB? Rick Abit 6 08-09-2003 03:21 PM