Brewery

Trying to configure Raid 0 with 2 sata 60 gig drives.

system sees the raid drive but when I install windows xp it only loads
on one of the drives. My computer sees (2) 60 gig drives, not one 120
raid 0. Maybe that's correct, I don't know.

Whatever, I have not been able to create the raid 0 configuration.

There must be a certain sequence of events to install, I follow the
manual but, no results.

any Ideas??

Brewery

TomG

you have not told us what board you are working with but you must first
create the raid array before you can do anything like loading the OS. how
you create the array varies with what board you are using and what type of
raid controller the drives are on.

then, you would usually need to signal to XP that you need to load a raid
driver by hitting F6 when prompted to load a SCSI or Raid driver. have your
raid drivers available on floppy.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
over 130,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"Brewery" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ohctd.3917$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Trying to configure Raid 0 with 2 sata 60 gig drives.
>
> system sees the raid drive but when I install windows xp it only loads on
> one of the drives. My computer sees (2) 60 gig drives, not one 120 raid
> 0. Maybe that's correct, I don't know.
>
> Whatever, I have not been able to create the raid 0 configuration.
>
> There must be a certain sequence of events to install, I follow the manual
> but, no results.
>
> any Ideas??
>
> Brewery

Courseyauto

Brewery" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ohctd.3917$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Trying to configure Raid 0 with 2 sata 60 gig drives.
>
> system sees the raid drive but when I install windows xp it only loads on
> one of the drives. My computer sees (2) 60 gig drives, not one 120 raid
> 0. Maybe that's correct, I don't know.
>
> Whatever, I have not been able to create the raid 0 configuration.
>
> There must be a certain sequence of events to install, I follow the manual
> but, no results.
>
> any Ideas??
>
> Brewery

If you are using nVidia raid on an NF3 motherboard,you have to load both the
raid and storage drivers,if you dont you will see 2 seperate drives instead of
just one large one. hers a forum with details about it.
http://forum.msi.com.tw/thread.php?threadid=54484