ac adapter or receptacle problem?

MZB

OK, this is with a Compaq Presario CQ60-615DX, but maybe someone here
can help.

I screwed up bad, with this 6-month old computer.

It was plugged in, charging. I walked by and my leg caught on the power
chord, pulling the computer.

The part that plugs in looks bent a bit. Worse, it doesn't charge now
unless I jiggle the chord just right. But I don't know if the problem is
with the AC Adapter or something broke in the receptor socket.

I don't have another AC Adapter. Is there any easy way to tell if it is
the adapter or the receptacle. If the latter, is that very expensive to fix.

Mel