Access Connections WLAN configuration

Gerald Vogt

I try to get Access Connections 3.21 to configure my Intel High Rate
Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Adapter WLAN connections on my TP T30 with static
128 bit WEP key. Whenever Access Connections tries to connect to the
access point it fails and just shows a WEP key error in the status
window. I have entered the WEP key correctly, though. I even tried to
remove Access Connections and the WLAN adapter driver and reinstalled
both including reboots in between and creating new profiles, but in vain.

However, when I use the Microsoft WLAN configuration (let Windows
configure the wireless settings) enter the WEP key there, I immediately
get a working connection. Even Access Connections in the status window
shows a proper association with the access point. But whenever I change
the profile later or reboot, Access Connections turns off the windows
configuration again and tries to do it and fails... For this reason, for
me it seems as if AC has problems configuring the WEP key in the driver
while the WZC does not have a problem with that.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this and get this properly running?

Gerald

Gerald Vogt

RWM wrote:
> I had this same experience about a month ago and concluded to dump AC 3.21.

Did you go back to another version or did you remove it completely?

Gerald

C. Eastwood

I tried AC3.20 last month and found it confusing (guess that's my problem)
but also that it prevented my A30 from going into suspend mode. AFAIK,
there's no way to shut it down short of an uninstall, which I did.

"Gerald Vogt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Artyc.145343$(E-Mail Removed)...
> RWM wrote:
> > I had this same experience about a month ago and concluded to dump AC

3.21.

> Did you go back to another version or did you remove it completely?
>
> Gerald

Gerald Vogt

C. Eastwood wrote:
> I tried AC3.20 last month and found it confusing (guess that's my problem)
> but also that it prevented my A30 from going into suspend mode. AFAIK,
> there's no way to shut it down short of an uninstall, which I did.

That problem has been fixed with AC3.21.

Gerald