Acer 1520 series

Alain Dekker

Not sure if this is an active newsgroup.

Have a Acer 1524WLMi which I've had for about 6 years. Works great, except
for one thing. I've set up a BIOS password. After showing the BIOS bootup
screen, I get a black screen with a blue box in the centre saying "Please
enter password". There is a blinking cursor where the entry is. 999 out of
1000 times, I enter the password, and Windows XP loads fine. But about once
every thousand times, I'll be entering the password and the cursor will stop
blinking and a few seconds later the laptop will power off. Once this
happens, it will probably happen a few times. If I leave the laptop alone
for a few hours, it usually recovers.

Very rare and very worrying.

Regards,
Alain

Michel

Le 10/01/2011 00:54, Alain Dekker a écrit :
> Not sure if this is an active newsgroup.
>
> Have a Acer 1524WLMi which I've had for about 6 years. Works great, except
> for one thing. I've set up a BIOS password. After showing the BIOS bootup
> screen, I get a black screen with a blue box in the centre saying "Please
> enter password". There is a blinking cursor where the entry is. 999 out of
> 1000 times, I enter the password, and Windows XP loads fine. But about once
> every thousand times, I'll be entering the password and the cursor will stop
> blinking and a few seconds later the laptop will power off. Once this
> happens, it will probably happen a few times. If I leave the laptop alone
> for a few hours, it usually recovers.

Search in this site:
http://www.acerlaptoprepairs.info/aspire-1360-1520/

SATA Raid 1 Data Corruption - A7N8X / RocketRaid 1520 ice Asus 7 12-17-2005 08:39 AM
Compaq Armada 1520 DM jcc5193 Compaq 0 08-20-2005 09:32 PM
CD ROM for Compaq Armada 1520 Eugene Compaq 1 08-06-2004 09:03 AM
Maxiumum size of HDD Armada 1520 Maksymilian Pawlowski Compaq 1 07-27-2004 04:48 PM
Compaq Armada 1520 upgrade ??... Mike Davies Compaq 2 03-05-2004 08:40 AM