ragawo

My laptop only will run on battery, it will not run in AC mode. It will run
until the battery dies.

Bob Fay

"ragawo" <u33703@uwe> wrote in message news:71413b94db290@uwe...
> My laptop only will run on battery, it will not run in AC mode. It will
> run
> until the battery dies.

Does the AC adapter recharge the battery? IF not, do you have any way to
check the AC adapter?

ragawo

Yes it charges the battery

Bob Fay wrote:
>> My laptop only will run on battery, it will not run in AC mode. It will
>> run
>> until the battery dies.

>Does the AC adapter recharge the battery? IF not, do you have any way to
>check the AC adapter?

Bob Fay

"ragawo" <u33703@uwe> wrote in message news:714220b76e918@uwe...
> Yes it charges the battery
>
> Bob Fay wrote:
>>> My laptop only will run on battery, it will not run in AC mode. It will
>>> run
>>> until the battery dies.

>>Does the AC adapter recharge the battery? IF not, do you have any way to
>>check the AC adapter?

I hate to just keep asking questions, but I am suspicious of the AC
adapter. Will the computer run with the battery removed and the adapter
connected and powered?
I am thinking the adapter is not delivering sufficient voltage to be
detected while charging the battery. My Aspire 3100 runs best with out the
battery.

Bob

ragawo via HWKB.com

It charges the battery, but it won't run without a battery

Bob Fay wrote:
>> Yes it charges the battery
>>

>[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
>>>Does the AC adapter recharge the battery? IF not, do you have any way to
>>>check the AC adapter?

>I hate to just keep asking questions, but I am suspicious of the AC
>adapter. Will the computer run with the battery removed and the adapter
>connected and powered?
>I am thinking the adapter is not delivering sufficient voltage to be
>detected while charging the battery. My Aspire 3100 runs best with out the
>battery.
>
>Bob

Bob Fay

"ragawo via HWKB.com" <u33703@uwe> wrote in message
> It charges the battery, but it won't run without a battery
>
> Bob Fay wrote:
>>> Yes it charges the battery
>>>

>>[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]

>>I hate to just keep asking questions, but I am suspicious of the AC
>>adapter. Will the computer run with the battery removed and the adapter
>>connected and powered?
>>I am thinking the adapter is not delivering sufficient voltage to be
>>detected while charging the battery. My Aspire 3100 runs best with out the
>>battery.
>>
>>Bob

> --

I cannot find a schematic to any kind of laptop mother board. I wanted to
see what might be used to detect the 19 volt DC from the adapter. From your
description, there must be a component on the motherboard that is defective
or not connecting properly to the circuit on the board. Do you ever get a
green light on the front of the laptop?
Anybody out there with some knowledge of this circuit on any laptop?

ragawo via HWKB.com

Yes the light turns green when the battery is fully charged. It shows on the
computer that the AC adapter is pluged in. As soon as the battery runs down
it turns off even with the AC adapter plugged in.

Bob Fay wrote:
>> It charges the battery, but it won't run without a battery
>>

>[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
>>>
>>>Bob

>I cannot find a schematic to any kind of laptop mother board. I wanted to
>see what might be used to detect the 19 volt DC from the adapter. From your
>description, there must be a component on the motherboard that is defective
>or not connecting properly to the circuit on the board. Do you ever get a
>green light on the front of the laptop?
>Anybody out there with some knowledge of this circuit on any laptop?

Christopher Syn

Its most likely a sempron processor.

newsb9Yh.5584$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...

> Yes the light turns green when the battery is fully charged. It shows on
> the
> computer that the AC adapter is pluged in. As soon as the battery runs
> down
> it turns off even with the AC adapter plugged in.

I still have questions, but they would be useless without the circuit
diagram. Some observations that might help someone with more knowledge than
I:
With the Notebook on battery my Acer gets brighter when I plug in the Ac
adapter.
The symbol changes from a battery to a battery with the AC plug next to it.
The two LED's on the front are green with AC plugged in. If battery is also
charging the right LED is Orange.
With the battery removed and the AC connected, the left led is Green and the
right is off.
See if these observations are the same for your Aspire. It might help
someone come to your rescue. If yours are different, post them. Also, was
there any circumstances that led up to this problem?

Bob

Acer Aspire 3100-3102 DC Jack tony.willson Laptops 0 12-01-2007 06:52 PM
Acer 3100 Microphone Bob Fay Acer 0 08-30-2006 09:45 PM
Sempron 3100 in an Asus A7v8x Colonel Blip Asus 1 03-04-2005 12:30 AM
ECS K7VMM3 & Athlon Pro 3100+ xxx73 ECS 1 05-22-2004 08:02 PM
Actual CPU speed of L7VMM3 on-board AMD 3100+? CWD ECS 0 03-02-2004 01:12 AM