Acer 9300 series

PWB

I have an acer 9300series laptop which I thought was 16 gig HDD why is there
2 70 GIG HDD in there one is marked DATA?

Bob Fay

"PWB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:wBXyj.26408$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an acer 9300series laptop which I thought was 16 gig HDD why is
>there 2 70 GIG HDD in there one is marked DATA?

Your Hard Drive is partitioned as a C and D drive, The D drive contains the
data files to back up your operating system . You can use the balance of
the D drive for your own storage. Good Idea to make a backup disk of this
data in case of hard drive failure.

PWB

"Bob Fay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "PWB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:wBXyj.26408$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have an acer 9300series laptop which I thought was 16 gig HDD why is
>>there 2 70 GIG HDD in there one is marked DATA?
>>

> Your Hard Drive is partitioned as a C and D drive, The D drive contains
> the data files to back up your operating system . You can use the balance
> of the D drive for your own storage. Good Idea to make a backup disk of
> this data in case of hard drive failure.

so in actual fact theres only 70 gig?

Bob Fay

"PWB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6M7zj.10106$r%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Bob Fay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "PWB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:wBXyj.26408$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I have an acer 9300series laptop which I thought was 16 gig HDD why is
>>>there 2 70 GIG HDD in there one is marked DATA?
>>>

>> Your Hard Drive is partitioned as a C and D drive, The D drive contains
>> the data files to back up your operating system . You can use the
>> balance of the D drive for your own storage. Good Idea to make a backup
>> disk of this data in case of hard drive failure.

> so in actual fact theres only 70 gig?

This is how it looks with my 60 gig drive.

Item Value
Drive C:
Description Local Fixed Disk
Compressed No
File System FAT32
Size 25.25 GB (27,113,701,376 bytes)
Free Space 13.00 GB (13,962,051,584 bytes)
Volume Name ACER
Volume Serial Number 0E4D13C3

Drive D:
Description Local Fixed Disk
Compressed No
File System FAT32
Size 25.73 GB (27,631,648,768 bytes)
Free Space 18.03 GB (19,364,593,664 bytes)
Volume Name ACERDATA
Volume Serial Number 12EA1119

You should have a similar breakdown of your two partitions, but with a
larger drive. 160 gig = 2 times 70 gig space for storage.

Bob

acer aspire 9300 boris ryser Acer 0 05-21-2009 08:45 AM
Acer Aspire 9300-3375 jcgamer60 Acer 0 05-12-2009 06:25 PM
Acer Aspire 9300 motherboard Bluetooth socket location MM Acer 1 11-10-2008 08:49 PM
Intel 875P (ASUS P4C800 Series or Abit IC7 Series) cant handle PAT when using all 4 memory slots ? tony010409020622@spamthis@hotmail.com Abit 9 05-25-2004 06:36 PM
Intel 875P (ASUS P4C800 Series or Abit IC7 Series) cant handle PAT when using all 4 memory slots ? tony010409020622@spamthis@hotmail.com Asus 2 05-23-2004 02:01 AM