Acer Aspire 1524

Alain Dekker

I don't know if this newsgroup is checked regularly or not, but I wanted to
know if it was possible to get a updated graphics card for this laptop. The
64Mb version I currently have is starting to look a bit old.

Any recommendations? Can a tech-svvy, but not expert, person do the upgrade
themselves?

Thanks,
Alain

Alain Dekker

Thanks, I got separate advice from Acer directly which exactly matched that
advice. Bad news, but I guess that "progress"...

Regards,
Alain

"HH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XuqdnSyvVtlIk_jUnZ2dnUVZ_qLinZ2d@metrocastcab levision.com...
> Upgrading the graphics chip on a notebook is not possible on the vast
> majority of notebooks since it is integrated on the mainboard. And on
> those high end notebooks with a separate card, it seldom is possible to
> swap out cards. I'd say forget it.
>
> HH
>

> "Alain Dekker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4964ec31$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I don't know if this newsgroup is checked regularly or not, but I wanted
>>to know if it was possible to get a updated graphics card for this laptop.
>>The 64Mb version I currently have is starting to look a bit old.
>>
>> Any recommendations? Can a tech-svvy, but not expert, person do the
>> upgrade themselves?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alain

Sheldon

"Alain Dekker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:498f6aa0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, I got separate advice from Acer directly which exactly matched
> that advice. Bad news, but I guess that "progress"...
>
> Regards,
> Alain

If Acer ever upgraded the video for that model you can probably replace the
system board. Not a cheap part and not an easy job. Still, might be worth
investigating.