Acer aspire 2010 is acting up no video, any information would be great.

sipote

Hi all, i have a problem with my notebook. It suddenly stopped working,

screen went black, powerled stayed on, and the 2 leds in front
(beutooth and wifi) stayed on. After i turned it off and back on it
gives the same. Ventilator starts turning for 3 sec, power led turns
green and 2 leds in front stay on, nothing happens, screen stays black.

I changed the memory allready, didn't change anything. Maybe the HD but

i think if its broke i should be able to get to the boot screen or
bios. it does the same with battery power or AC power, battery still
charges.

Anyone have any ideas.

If someone could help me with a service manual would be great also.
Since i don't have guarantee anymore i prefer to look inside myself
first before letting it repair.

Thx

Kevin Childers

"sipote" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi all, i have a problem with my notebook. It suddenly stopped working,
>
> screen went black, powerled stayed on, and the 2 leds in front
> (beutooth and wifi) stayed on. After i turned it off and back on it
> gives the same. Ventilator starts turning for 3 sec, power led turns
> green and 2 leds in front stay on, nothing happens, screen stays black.
>
> I changed the memory allready, didn't change anything. Maybe the HD but
>
> i think if its broke i should be able to get to the boot screen or
> bios. it does the same with battery power or AC power, battery still
> charges.
>

> Anyone have any ideas.
>

> If someone could help me with a service manual would be great also.
> Since i don't have guarantee anymore i prefer to look inside myself
> first before letting it repair.
>

> Thx

Have you tried hooking up an external monitor?

sipote

i did and still nothing

Bob Fay

"sipote" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i did and still nothing

If you shine a bright light on the screen. do you see data and or your mouse
cursor? If you can see data, Your back light is burned out.

sipote

i get no video what so ever..i think it could possibly be a bad
motherboard?

Junior Member

Hello

Excatly the same problem since yesterday ! The laptop was working fine for so long. Same thing, lights are on, fan turns a few sacond then stops.

So it looks like the video card is dead, easy to tell i think, just plug in a monitor into the external monitor plug at the back of the 2010. I personally have no display on the external monitor either, so it must be the video card.

Not that it is a answer to your problem, but if you could try to plug a monitor and tell me if you have nothing too...

I guess all is left to do is buy a video card replacement.. I will look at the price

Regards
Maxim

yan@intelligrafix.com

I have the same problem with my 2012, no screen, it starts fine, lights
are on.
I just purchased a used 2012, i will try to make one with two. I will
see if its the motherboard.

Let me know if you got yours repaired

Maxim

sipote a écrit :

> i get no video what so ever..i think it could possibly be a bad
> motherboard?

sipote

I have not had time to play around with my laptop as of yet, again.
But i will take it appart, i think it could be a bad motherboard.
:crybaby:

Junior Member

hey guys, i have to admit it, i have the exactely same problem, my aspire 1690 stoped working. the 2 led´s from the front are lighted, so as the battery one (but it stops after 10-12sec) , and so as the FAN (it stops after 3 seconds). i have no idea what it may take up to it, any suggestions please ?